Anyone else collect watches on here?

I wear my Timex Expedition every day. I like a cloth band so it don’t keep pulling the hair off my arm. 

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GB Jack

• DennisMcFeely

• Brad Eden

• spring

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My father was a collector of what I guess you could call "blue collar" pocket watches. Pictured is a clock he made with some of them. There's a few Walthams, Elgins and Hamiltons hanging there along w

I've had lots of watches come and go over the years but my prized possessions are my maternal grandfather's pocketwatch and my paternal grandfather's wristwatch.  These will be passed down when the ti

For those that can appreciate a different point of view, here’s The Far Side....😀

Posted Images

12 hours ago, DAG said:

Bought a Tag Carrera for my 30th bday.  It’s been pretty disappointing for being so expensive. Been eyeing a IWC aquatimer for some time now. 

You’d do well there ;)

RuffChaser
14 hours ago, GB Jack said:

What is a plum bob? 

When something is plumb it is "true" or perfectly vertical. When something is level it is perfectly horizontal. In today's world we generally use a level or a spirit to determine if something is both plumb, vertical, and level, horizontal. Previously a plumb bob would be used to determine how "true" something was. This would be my inner nerd Engineering side exposing itself. As far as watches go I have a few. My wife would call it a collection but I would not.

Here's a pic of my lucky watch. This thread dug up some memories. Purchased in about 1978 and worn fishing and hunting  and I guess you might say was as much a part of the expedition as I was. Even to this day I where it deer hunting. I don't wear it regularly anymore but opening day of deer season it goes on. Been all over this country & Canada on Hunting  & fishing trips.Many times dipped in trout streams and lakes big & small. Fond memories for sure.

007.JPG

WyomingArt

Just a couple family keepsake watches by Gruen circa 1930's.

Re: plumb bobs,  "Square, plumb and level." I wonder if kids still learn that from their elders? Hope so.

6 hours ago, WyomingArt said:

Re: plumb bobs,  "Square, plumb and level." I wonder if kids still learn that from their elders? Hope so.

Though I have a small laser I still will use a plumb bob . Yesterday on a job a carpenter( young guy) saw me break out my transit level to shoot some lines on a house for siding. I overheard him say to another young guy  " that's old school"  I was 60 last month......I'm glad I'm ole school 😉

7 hours ago, WyomingArt said:

Just a couple family keepsake watches by Gruen circa 1930's.

They still learn it at Carpenter Apprentice School in my area. 

ScottGrush

I don't even own a watch. 

But am thinking about buying one those garmin watches to tracks dogs with. 

19 minutes ago, ScottGrush said:

That’d  be good for you 

Not watches but I collect Postholers. My collection includes the traditional hand held, the scissor-action, the universal, the double-pivot , the offset, an electric operated Postholer, a 2 cycle, a 4 cycle, a diesel, a PTO 3 point hitch Posthole auger, and am adding a cordless Battery operated Postholer soon. 

30 minutes ago, ScottGrush said:

UJ Ad Sponsor Gun Dog Supply just announced $50 off on the Garmin Instinct Watch.

salmontogue
41 minutes ago, Brad Eden said:

Not watches but I collect Postholers. My collection includes the traditional hand held, the scissor-action, the universal, the double-pivot , the offset, an electric operated Postholer, a 2 cycle, a 4 cycle, a diesel, a PTO 3 point hitch Posthole auger, and am adding a cordless Battery operated Postholer soon. 

Which postholer do I report you to for hijacking the thread?????

1 minute ago, salmontogue said:

Which postholer do I report you to for hijacking the thread?????

I typically use the diesel Postholer for Topic hijackers and I'm know to Posthole myself on occasion. 

salmontogue
1 minute ago, Brad Eden said:

I typically use the diesel Postholer for Topic hijackers and I'm know to Posthole myself on occasion. 

How do you climb out of the hole is the postholer is on top of you?  Inquiring minds.