Anyone else collect watches on here?

Recoil Rob

More an accumulator than collector, I have more than a few...

This is a Hamilton handwind on a strap I had made from my dad's US Army Duffle bag...

2a987bb.jpg

My bird hunting watch, a Seiko Automatic Alpinist with compass bezel...

6hp91k.jpg

Dress watch is a Bulova Accutron, , not a quartz but a tuning fork, my Mom gave it to my Dad in 1964.

2wfqn28.jpg

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GB Jack

• DennisMcFeely

• Brad Eden

• spring

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My father was a collector of what I guess you could call "blue collar" pocket watches. Pictured is a clock he made with some of them. There's a few Walthams, Elgins and Hamiltons hanging there along w

I've had lots of watches come and go over the years but my prized possessions are my maternal grandfather's pocketwatch and my paternal grandfather's wristwatch.  These will be passed down when the ti

For those that can appreciate a different point of view, here’s The Far Side....😀

Posted Images

Don Steese
41 minutes ago, Recoil Rob said:

More an accumulator than collector, I have more than a few...

This is a Hamilton handwind on a strap I had made from my dad's US Army Duffle bag...

2a987bb.jpg

My bird hunting watch, a Seiko Automatic Alpinist with compass bezel...

6hp91k.jpg

Dress watch is a Bulova Accutron, , not a quartz but a tuning fork, my Mom gave it to my Dad in 1964.

2wfqn28.jpg

There are some expensive watches being referenced in this thread but two of these are not expensive, rather they're priceless!

1 hour ago, spring said:

Plenty of psychology to explore when trying to answer that question.

Indeed.  That article is absolutely written from the inside looking out, not from the outside looking in.  

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting Patek Philippe on last night's "Antiques Roadshow". Originally appraised for $250,000 on the roadshow in 2004. Sold at Sotheby's in 2006 for $1.54 million. Current appraisal is $2-$3 million. 

image.jpeg

• 7 months later...
stephen brown
On 5/28/2019 at 9:22 PM, GB Jack said:

I think I have a addiction, well, another one anyway that’s reared it’s ugly head as of late . Curious if anyone else loves them? 

Thankfully it's not a compulsion or a compassion. I'm a window shopper mostly and the occasional buyer. Latest purchase is a Seiko. Wish they were still available at $25.00.

SPB119J1_1024x1024_59b9e51d-bc66-4667-99

salmontogue

Pocket watches.  Sixteen and Eighteen case size railroad along with smaller case size dress watches.  Have been collecting nearly a half century but nothing in the range of the PP posted by Marc.

My everyday wristwatch is an Omega Seamaster Pro Chronometer titanium case/blue dial.

Perk

Zombie thread!  I'm off the wagon so maybe I'll post a couple pics at some point.

Brad Eden

You watch aficionados might want to see this Topic: