clicking ads

This may be a silly question, but when I want to buy something say through say gundog supply or q5 does clicking to their site through UJ make a difference in add revenue for you. I have been making an effort to do it that way, but it occurred to me that different add contracts are different and it might not make any difference. 

11 hours ago, Speaks said:

This may be a silly question, but when I want to buy something say through say gundog supply or q5 does clicking to their site through UJ make a difference in add revenue for you. I have been making an effort to do it that way, but it occurred to me that different add contracts are different and it might not make any difference. 

It makes a big difference and thanks for asking.

I don't get any direct revenue when someone clicks an ad on UJ, but the advertiser can likely track how many clicks and where that click came from. Dropping a note with an order that you appreciate their ad Sponsorship on UJ goes a long way in convincing them that their support money is working. I don't inundate the Board with ads, I don't solicite ads, and I could put current ads in all the nooks and crannies of the Board and annoy Members. There are some Upland and Firearm websites and Forums out there that I refuse to go to because of all the ads. The owners are probably making a lot of money off of them. 

The real value for a UJ Ad Sponsor is mention on the Forums. That exposure is hard to quantify. Many past Sponsors eventually didn't renew because they only relied on data/clicks, and as non Members never fully appreciated the positive comments about them on the Board and the marketing that provided. I try and give Ad Sponsors good exposure without cramming it down Members throats and have let out more rope for Member/Ad Sponsors to "market" on the Forums.  They help pay for this covert in the cloud and deserve that.