Favourite podcast at the moment

What's everyone's favourite podcast right now?  Ron Boehme's hunting dog podcast is always my staple. I just enjoy listening to the man.  Birds, booze and buds is good too although a lot has to do with hunting species that we don't have up here.  I listen to the gundog notebook as well but I have to admit I have a hard time listening to it lately.  I just don't care for his style.  I always seem to notice how he cuts his guests off and he went from just getting a pup to now basically knowing all there is to know and talks like he's done it for years.  I used to listen quite a bit but I don't bother now as I usually end up shutting it off a couple minutes in.  Project upland and orvis both have good ones too but I prefer dog specific podcasts. what's everyone feeling lately? 

Not dog related- but I am a great fan of The Moth.  Very interesting to hear people's life experiences.  My wife and daughter are now addicted to Crime Junkies which is fascinating but disturbing on what people will do.  I am interested to hear about hunting-related podcasts here.

I really like Project upland and it is for sure my favorite. Hunting dog, birds booze and buds are both also good. 

10 minutes ago, JoeFroESS said:

Not dog related- but I am a great fan of The Moth.  Very interesting to hear people's life experiences.  My wife and daughter are now addicted to Crime Junkies which is fascinating but disturbing on what people will do.  I am interested to hear about hunting-related podcasts here.

My favorite murder and last podcast on the left are both quite good in that type of area. Though depending on the age of your daughter you might have her steer clear of them. 

Dave Quindt

Non-outdoors: The Tony Kornheiser Show (although about to start its summer break). 

Outdoors: A very tough choice (see below).  I’m torn between Into the Wilderness, On The Wing or the BHA podcast (even though I have some major disagreements with the BHA) 

I am a HUGE podcast listener but have unsubscribed from most of them and just download individual episodes when interested.  So many of them have turned into giant commercials or have become extremely repetitive. And it’s pretty clear that potential guests are pretty much limited to those who are active on FB and Instagram. It just feels to me like it’s become very superficial. There is virtually no serious debate going on; just people agreeing, which is dull. And I’m tired of endlessly muttering “as the follow up question” to myself. 

I have the kind of podcast I want to hear rolling around my head, am not sure others would really be interested though. 

JMO,
Dave
  • 2 weeks later...

To add, the Upchukar Podcast has had great content.  Enjoy many off topic/tangential conversations on these platforms. 

if you add Travel with Rick Steves and Uncontrolled Airspace to the list already mentioned, you'd have my entire playlist.

I enjoy the Hunting Dog Podcast, but it is tough to beat Meateater.  Those guys are a refreshing new voice in the hunting world.

6 hours ago, LabHunter said:

I enjoy the Hunting Dog Podcast, but it is tough to beat Meateater.  Those guys are a refreshing new voice in the hunting world.

I listen to these, project uplands, sometimes the moth and freakonomics.  Seems podcasts are having a renaissance.  They have definitely taken over some time I would have allotted for TV.  I queue them up on the smart speaker while working around the house/garage.

NVChukarChaser

I’m going to second the Upchukar podcast and actually did one with Travis. Great guy.

17 hours ago, Korthaar said:

I listen to these, project uplands, sometimes the moth and freakonomics.  Seems podcasts are having a renaissance.  They have definitely taken over some time I would have allotted for TV.  I queue them up on the smart speaker while working around the house/garage.

planet money and the hunting collective are also good

Jakeismydog2

The newest Hunting Collective podcast was really good. He interviews a professor from UC Berkeley who studies huntings effects on conservation on Private land across the USA. a strange combo for sure but it was very interesting. 

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎7‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 7:59 PM, Pomoxis said:

FYI, the Project Upland host is a member here and a pretty good guy too 

and the latest eipsode (#72) also has UJ'er Craig Doherty about his "Buidling a Grouse dog" book.