Let’s see the trail cam pictures 2019

WI Outdoor Nut

Had a new guy show up on one my brother property.  Hopefully growth continues and he gets some length on the g2's-g4's. 

2019-7-23 DDGH II.JPG

2019-7-23 DDGH.JPG

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Big Al

• CzechSM

• Brad Eden

• WI Outdoor Nut

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’m getting pretty pumped about these bulls.  I have a bull permit for the first time after applying for five years.  I’ve always had bulls within shooting range hope that trend continues.  If I get o

Looks like a moose was using my outhouse up at camp.

Posted Images

CZ that photo is pretty damn cool.

If I was a photographer I would be proud of it.

You set up that camera in a pretty nice spot.

It seems to me that when I look at these trail cam photos and videos, the cameras with the Browning symbol catch my eye.

2 hours ago, Canuck said:

CZ that photo is pretty damn cool.

If I was a photographer I would be proud of it.

You set up that camera in a pretty nice spot.

It seems to me that when I look at these trail cam photos and videos, the cameras with the Browning symbol catch my eye.

It was the dusk where the black flash had just started to kick in due to low light.  The picture is actually a screen shot from a video clip.  Not all Brownings are created equal. I have found the Browning Special Ops Advantage does the best for me.

Here is  clip where I did a screen shot of the 8 point I had posted a few posts up.  If you look close there is a turkey on the trail ahead of him. I like the Brownings and if you set up for favorable light they will do good.

Great stuff. I hope to contribute more soon. Been layed up. But have a couple cams soaking right now.

WI Outdoor Nut
On ‎7‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 8:32 PM, CzechSM said:

It was the dusk where the black flash had just started to kick in due to low light.  The picture is actually a screen shot from a video clip.  Not all Brownings are created equal. I have found the Browning Special Ops Advantage does the best for me.

Here is  clip where I did a screen shot of the 8 point I had posted a few posts up.  If you look close there is a turkey on the trail ahead of him. I like the Brownings and if you set up for favorable light they will do good.

That's a great 8 point.  With running up to a 15 cameras a year, I have moved away from video because it simply takes me too long to get through each chip.  We have a very high deer density problem where I hunt and it is not uncommon to have 500-1000 photos in a week.  Videos simply take too much time. 

But the thought I had with your video, you can see the deer really fighting the bugs, assuming flies biting his ears.  Yesterday when I was setting up cameras, I (actually my dog) kicked up 3 deer bedded in the middle of a wheat field.  I assume in part to avoid the bugs as there was very little cover near by.  Another field, this one an oat field, we saw a ton of deer beds in the hollow of sorts.  Again, assuming the same thing. 

We see a lot of deer bedded in the bean fields this time of year and I assume it is because of them escaping bugs. Earlier this summer when we were covered up with gnats the fields and wood edges were the worse. When I dropped down hills walking in the woods the gnats were non existent. Wild game seem to adapt and move around quite a bit to suit their needs and comfort levels. 

I swap cards in the cameras when checking them. When I get home I open up the SD card on my desktop and view them there. I only save or upload the ones I want to keep. Then I trim each clip to the length that I want and delete the original. The videos capture a lot I would miss on the still shot. I can still screenshot the video if I care to. 

I just upload them to share with one landowner and my boys. I usually delete them after a while to keep my Vimeo account in the free  upload amount. So if you see something I post here disappear that is why. 

13 hours ago, CzechSM said:

A little action at the waterhole.

You have some nice bucks on that property.  Is it your land? 

It's the time of year for the bachelor groups to be forming.  I should start seeing the groups soon.  I think I'll switch a camera to video and see how it goes.  I get a lot of false exposures due to the high wind we have on the prairie so I'm not sure how video will work.  When I set up the cameras I have to take the weed eater with me and whack down all of the grass and weeds in the area of the camera.  If I don't I will have hundreds of time lapse pictures of grass moving.  When I first started whacking the weeds I thought it would be a deterrent to the deer.  Actually it's been an attractant.  Where I knock down the grass it stimulates new growth and the deer and elk treat it like a food plot.

Unfortunately it is not our property. We have hunted this property for 30 plus year and another farm for about 27 years. We help out the landowners by cutting wood, mowing grass and whatever else they need. I can see the end of it all in the horizon with aging landowners.

We will have no reason to feel bad when it all ends as we have had it great for many years. We are entering our retirement years with my wife being already being retired and we don’t wish to be financially tied to land and at the current land prices for woodlands in our area as they are it would be a very poor investment. 

Our bachelor groups are together and will be dispersing the first part of September. So far this year I haven’t found the big boy bachelor group. I don’t get real excited this time of the year as the bucks we now see might be long gone later. 

WI Outdoor Nut
On ‎8‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 11:26 AM, Big Al said:

You have some nice bucks on that property.  Is it your land? 

It's the time of year for the bachelor groups to be forming.  I should start seeing the groups soon.  I think I'll switch a camera to video and see how it goes.  I get a lot of false exposures due to the high wind we have on the prairie so I'm not sure how video will work.  When I set up the cameras I have to take the weed eater with me and whack down all of the grass and weeds in the area of the camera.  If I don't I will have hundreds of time lapse pictures of grass moving.  When I first started whacking the weeds I thought it would be a deterrent to the deer.  Actually it's been an attractant.  Where I knock down the grass it stimulates new growth and the deer and elk treat it like a food plot.

One item I will note, you might want to change camera brands, have one that indicates heat, as well as movement.  I have cameras in high grass areas and the number of false shots are pretty limited. 

1 hour ago, WI Outdoor Nut said:

One item I will note, you might want to change camera brands, have one that indicates heat, as well as movement.  I have cameras in high grass areas and the number of false shots are pretty limited. 

Interesting, I thought all used a PIR sensor?  Wasn't aware of others. 

Many false triggers (with PIR) are because of the set.  You have some vegetation in front of the camera/sensor.  When the sun heats the vegetation the false triggers occur every time that leaf moves. 

8 hours ago, WI Outdoor Nut said:

Thanks I'll read up on it more.  I used to use Cuddeback and the vegetation movement was a real issue.  I now have Wildgame Innovations cameras and the issue  isn't anywhere as bad.  But on those days of the high sustained prairie winds I can still have a problem.  A breeze doesn't trigger the pic.

Different strokes I guess. All I use are Cudebaks. 5 total right now of a few different models. I've never had any issue with extra photos taken because of wind or extraneous movement of vegetation. All generally set up in the woods not in open areas. Maybe that makes a difference.