• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mike Connally

• john mcg

• gunsrus

• salmontogue

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’ve been helping this rescue group for a few years now. As a transporter, I join others by taking a leg in the dog’s journey from a shelter to a foster home. Sometimes it’s a journey from a foster to

You're a good man Mike .

No Hunter is a black and white guy of pretty fair size for a setter, he's a wonderful guy but is very skittish, he is very loving and loves affection, problem is just some little thing will set him of

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Mike Connally said:

One more rescue transfer today. Help if you can. 

Above and Beyond English Setter Rescue 

5EB19DD0-DB01-4516-82A5-198049EAE010.jpeg

96D58682-452C-48C6-B369-CBF9D6576A4D.jpeg

Good for u  thats a nice looking setter hope gets a great home

Mike Connally
44 minutes ago, bill said:

Good for u  thats a nice looking setter hope gets a great home

I think he just got a great home. His foster family immediately fell in love with him. They are applying to adopt him. 

Just knowing that I’m  part of a process that takes a skinny abandoned dog to a better future helps me sleep at night. 

Mike Connally
1 hour ago, CheckCord said:

Awesome!  How do you not keep any of them? 

I sure wanted this one. 

4 hours ago, Mike Connally said:

One more rescue transfer today. Help if you can. 

Above and Beyond English Setter Rescue 

5EB19DD0-DB01-4516-82A5-198049EAE010.jpeg

96D58682-452C-48C6-B369-CBF9D6576A4D.jpeg

Wondering if you did not help transport "Lucky" one of our Above and Beyond fosters about 3yrs ago or so, we have his brother Hunter who is pretty mixed up emotionally so we adapted him, fail Fostering 101 repeatedly? He was headed to Pittsburg, PA. At the moment we have three of their setters and have adapted three others in their senior years and have now passed. The couple worked at Quantico Marine Base????

Mike Connally
14 minutes ago, MUSTANGER7 said:

Wondering if you did not help transport "Lucky" one of our Above and Beyond fosters about 3yrs ago or so, we have his brother Hunter who is pretty mixed up emotionally so we adapted him, fail Fostering 101 repeatedly? He was headed to Pittsburg, PA. At the moment we have three of their setters and have adapted three others in their senior years and have now passed. The couple worked at Quantico Marine Base????

I just don’t know. I’ve helped move more than a few. That is in my area. 

Thank you for fostering and adopting them. 

They are noble animals and deserve better than to be abandoned. 

• 1 month later...
Mike Connally

I helped with another setter rescue tonight. Two setters from Turkey. Unwanted dogs there are just dumped on the side of the road. These two made the 11 hour flight from Istanbul and I met them at Dulles airport. They are now on their way to their foster home. 

984F96A8-B1D7-4DDD-A948-DC27E892987C.jpeg

41A5E9AC-0D09-4E62-99D6-151EAC8118E3.jpeg

1 hour ago, Mike Connally said:

I helped with another setter rescue tonight. Two setters from Turkey. Unwanted dogs there are just dumped on the side of the road. These two made the 11 hour flight from Istanbul and I met them at Dulles airport. They are now on their way to their foster home. 

Who is paying to fly them from Turkey to the USA?

Nice looking dogs.

Mike Connally
5 hours ago, Jakeismydog2 said:

Who is paying to fly them from Turkey to the USA?

Nice looking dogs.

The Setter Rescue groups pay for the flights. 

8 hours ago, Mike Connally said:

Beautiful animals . I guess Turkey can raise nice Setters too . 

Fire Marshal Bill
11 hours ago, Mike Connally said:

Mike, I can't believe someone would dump these beautiful dogs on the side of the road!!! Just don't understand it. Looks like they made the trip over just fine. Glad they have homes to go to. You do good work Mike. Thanks 

A recent development with some of the rescue groups is their refusal to place dogs in homes where they will be hunted.  I was very active with a group in Maine that made that decision several years ago.  It seems unreasonable that hunting breeds should not be allowed to go to homes where they will have hunting as one of their myriad of activities.  I fostered dogs, transported dogs and adopted three over the years but, at some point, as a hunter, I was dumped into the basket of deplorables.  Sad situation.  I think I was a victim of outright discrimination.

Just saw this thread, I've volunteered at the local SPCA and it's a nice feeling to directly contribute to a charity, versus wondering where the $$ is going when you donate cash to some organization.  I'll look into this setter rescue, nothing pains me more than seeing any animal being neglected.  

Mike Connally
36 minutes ago, john mcg said:

This is what came to mind!

25 minutes ago, salmontogue said:

A recent development with some of the rescue groups is their refusal to place dogs in homes where they will be hunted.  I was very active with a group in Maine that made that decision several years ago.  It seems unreasonable that hunting breeds should not be allowed to go to homes where they will have hunting as one of their myriad of activities.  I fostered dogs, transported dogs and adopted three over the years but, at some point, as a hunter, I was dumped into the basket of deplorables.  Sad situation.  I think I was a victim of outright discrimination.

That is not the case with ABESR.