AB to the Pats....this ought prove interesting.

Jazz4Brazo

Read the full report. All is not how it seems......

And he was a Steeler when the events occurred. I am in no way defending or condemning him until all the facts are known and the lawsuit is decided in a court of law.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Brad Eden

• john mcg

• kgb

• Jazz4Brazo

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This "AB" and others y'all speak of - I take it that they are football players?  

AB Gate -- did the Patriots devise his demise in Oakland?  Was this the plan all along when the Steelers didn't want him going to the Pats originally?  

When young men get treated like Gods, and make more money than God does, this sort of thing can be the result. There are a lot of good ones though. We just don't hear about them. 

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Millriver said:

And he was a Steeler when the events occurred. 

Does that help or hurt his cause?  I don't see the importance.

1 hour ago, kgb said:

Does that help or hurt his cause?  I don't see the importance.

Doesn’t do either. Just pointing out that he wasn’t a member of the hated Patriots when the events occurred. There’s a lot not to like about AB, all has been discussed here and in the media, but I’ll reserve passing judgment until the case is over and done with.  And in no way am I condoning his behavior.

After reading the complaint by the accuser I'm left scratching my head. Everyone should be considered innocent until proven guilty, but this case in particular has some big questions that will need to be answered by the accuser before he is found guilty. Will see how it plays out.

2 minutes ago, MTRookie76 said:

After reading the complaint by the accuser I'm left scratching my head. Everyone should be considered innocent until proven guilty, but this case in particular has some big questions that will need to be answered by the accuser before he is found guilty. Will see how it plays out.

It is another case of he said, she said. She may well get some sort of settlement with non disclosure language included. It will be swept under the rug, for the most part. I'd be shocked if he doesn't find another way to get some bad press, going forward.

Belichick and Brady don't want personalities, they want players that don't showboat, or they disappear. Even when a player does great, but makes it about themeselves, they disappear. They will not tolerate distractions off the field. (OK before someone says is, Kraft isn't a player on the field)  I haven't read what AB is accused of doing. I don't think it matters. It's a spectacle. My guess is there is a clause that will let the Pats bow out of any contract. We won't be seeing AB on the Gillette Stadium field. 

10 minutes ago, Brad Eden said:

Belichick and Brady don't want personalities, they want players that don't showboat, or they disappear. Even when a player does great, but makes it about themeselves, they disappear. They will not tolerate distractions off the field. (OK before someone says is, Kraft isn't a player on the field)  I haven't read what AB is accused of doing. I don't think it matters. It's a spectacle. My guess is there is a clause that will let the Pats bow out of any contract. We won't be seeing AB on the Gillette Stadium field. 

I'd say the Pats are one of the few teams that don't appear to really need him??

Professional sports at large has become a haven of thugs and dobadders.

Scum and villainy.

One is hard-pressed to find a spot that hasn't been defiled.

13 minutes ago, john mcg said:

Scum and villainy.

I think it's always been this way, but now in the age of cell phones and social media we know our sports stars much better than ever before.

14 minutes ago, john mcg said:

Scum and villainy.

It has long been so. Babe Ruth had his vices. Mickey Mantle drank himself to an early grave and on and on. They are a pretty accurate reflection of the society they arise from.

25 minutes ago, john mcg said:

Scum and villainy.

Yep plenty of them in basketball 🏀 and football 🏈.  

There are stats that support that pro athletes are less often involved in crime than the general population.

https://www.cnn.com/2015/08/26/us/nfl-players-arrests-study/index.html

Professional sports don't make cuts based on character, it is based on athletic talent mostly. Character is a tie breaker at most. It can't be any other way if you are playing it to win it.

When young men get treated like Gods, and make more money than God does, this sort of thing can be the result. There are a lot of good ones though. We just don't hear about them. 

While I generally don't have a very high regard for elite athletes (from any sport), I'm suspicious of the accusations.

My work sometimes put me in contact with world class athletes. Almost without fail, the dedication to excel in their sport required a self-centredness that  I found very distasteful. While I am sure not all are that way, it certainly left a bad taste in my mouth.

Having said that, the timing of the lawsuit is what red flags it for me. While lots of women have stayed silent in the face of abuse, there are others, clearly, who are in it for the money. While be intersting to see how it shakes out.

And I'm looking forward to the Pats winning another SB. They have been my NFL team since the early 1970's.