College Football: How's your team doing?

My grandfather and father went to Clemson so always watch them closely, been an amazing run as of late and they’re obviously doing fine this year.  Offense is not clicking though which is concerning, despite the numbers being put up, passing game hasn’t hit its stride and lots of unconverted third downs and incompletions.  

I went to Va Tech, I’m to the point that I’m hoping they lose to expedite the firing of Fuente, he just doesn’t have it.  It’s one thing to have a young team and make mistakes and lose, another to not be able to compete physically that’s tough to watch. 

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dogwood

• GLS

• Clueless1

• mccuha

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dad was commissioned  through reserve officers training and went to Ft. Leonard Wood ,Ky., with the "Yankee Division" and trained for almost a year before going to Europe as a platoon leader for a hea

My Clemson allegiance arises from my dad being a starting end  in the early 40’s.  I am a Clemson fan except when the Dawgs play them.  I lived the first year of my life on Clemson’s campus in veteran

Always been an IU fan.  Dad played for them in the early 30's.  Check out the pictures.  Jim Cavacini.  First picture, dad lower left.  Second picture as a sophomore.

Posted Images

Penn State. Great group of young receivers and linebackers. Tussle with Maryland Friday night should be a good test for both teams. Maryland has even cancelled afternoon classes on Friday!

My Buckeyes are doing just fine. Breaking into the top 4 is a challenge this year but that too will come if they just keep their focus and continue with what they have been doing. 

Other than being trounced by a team way out of their league, Penn State. My Idaho Vandals are doing pretty well, they are 2-2. and they made the game against Wyoming a close one. Even my dog Puck is a Vandal fan.

DSC03410 (2).JPG

2 hours ago, shoot-straight said:

Harbaugh is a jackass- so is his brother here in Baltimore. And I say that as a Ravens fan. 

Harbaugh has a superiority complex.  He's a good fit at Michigan accordingly.  

5 minutes ago, Dogwood said:

Harbaugh has a superiority complex.  He's a good fit at Michigan accordingly.  

Franklin......

Kansas State grad here, check out the Avatar if you questioned it.

3-0, played 2 nobodies, and went to Mississippi State to beat them as 7 point underdogs.  Start Big XII play this weekend at Okie State. 

Legend Bill Snyder retired (it was time) and replaced with Chris Klieman, North Dakota States 5x FCS National Champion head coach, and 4X National Champion assistant coach.  Hopefully he can keep up the winning at the next level.

The Badgers look great so far!!

I’m cautiously optimistic about the Irish, too, even after last weekend. They couldn’t quite make it happen on the last drive, but they made Georgia sweat until the final minutes of the game. 

24 minutes ago, Hettmoe said:

NDSU Bison are still there at the top of the FCS.

Bison. Best football mascot ever.

My Clemson allegiance arises from my dad being a starting end  in the early 40’s.  I am a Clemson fan except when the Dawgs play them.  I lived the first year of my life on Clemson’s campus in veteran's married housing when dad returned after WWII to complete studies.   One of the best stories dad told about playing for Clemson was the game against Boston College at Fenway when they played on the infield.  Clemson led 7-0 until the 3rd quarter and eventually lost 14-7.  In the first half a Clemson receiver dropped a pass which hit him in the numbers while standing in the end zone.   He didn’t get on the bus to catch the train back to SC and was never seen again; he joined the army.  To a man, his teammates thought he did the right thing.  Boston College was ranked up at the top with an undefeated season and was heavily favored against cross-town rival Holy Cross on November 28, 1942.  BC was so cocky before the game, they reserved a room at a local night club and had champagne on ice in tubs for the certain celebration.  Holy Cross stomped them 55-0.  Dejected, not a BC soul went to the nightclub, the Cocoanut Grove.  That night, with exits nailed shut to prevent crashers, fire broke out killing 492 souls locked inside the inferno.  Later that season, dad caught the go ahead touchdown against the rival Gamecocks.  After the season, all on the team went off to war.  Here’s dad in the 1942  BC game program with his last name misspelled.  He is in the photo in the middle.  Claude Rothwell  on the same page as dad was killed in action with two other teammates from that season.  Dad was wounded twice, the last time giving him a permanent limp.

2019-09-26_121418.thumb.jpg.903418eec402d4e54566383289245849.jpg

Going to visit friends and see my first Viginia Tech/Duke game tomorrow.

Is it OK to hate Duke football because of Christian Laetner and Bobby Hurley? Asking for a friend ¬¬