College Football: How's your team doing?

Always been an IU fan.  Dad played for them in the early 30's.  Check out the pictures.  Jim Cavacini.  First picture, dad lower left.  Second picture as a sophomore.

0826191645_resized.jpg

0826191647.jpg

0827191145.jpg

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dogwood

• GLS

• Clueless1

• mccuha

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dad was commissioned  through reserve officers training and went to Ft. Leonard Wood ,Ky., with the "Yankee Division" and trained for almost a year before going to Europe as a platoon leader for a hea

My Clemson allegiance arises from my dad being a starting end  in the early 40’s.  I am a Clemson fan except when the Dawgs play them.  I lived the first year of my life on Clemson’s campus in veteran

Always been an IU fan.  Dad played for them in the early 30's.  Check out the pictures.  Jim Cavacini.  First picture, dad lower left.  Second picture as a sophomore.

Posted Images

Couple more pictures...Bill Dileo and Dad were from Windber, PA.  Small mining town close to Johnstown.  

0906191432.jpg

Two 0-4 teams battled it out today. My alma mater, UMass, came away with their first win of the season over Akron. Not much excitement here......

7 hours ago, dogrunner said:

Nebraska didn’t look very good. 

I tried to watch that one, but there soon seemed little point.

3 hours ago, Rick Hall said:

I tried to watch that one, but there soon seemed little point.

Pre-game when I heard Vegas gave Nebraska 17 points I thought it a good bet on the Huskers at home.  Poof!

Cal was undefeated, then Arizona beat them. Stanford was winless, then they beat Oregon State. Things are not as usual.

On ‎9‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 6:56 AM, Clueless1 said:

On ‎9‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 1:06 PM, Lurch said:

Going to visit friends and see my first Viginia Tech/Duke game tomorrow.

Is it OK to hate Duke football because of Christian Laetner and Bobby Hurley? Asking for a friend ¬¬

How did that go? 😞

Great!   Other than the football game...

HAd a great time though. Vick and a bunch of his teammates were in attendance as a "welcome home' ceremony - they should have suited up. 

They kept it tied til kickoff, then went downhill from there.

and I still hate Duke.

Sparty travels to Columbus this Saturday to play the Buckeyes.   I fear they will get squashed like a grape.

9 hours ago, Dogwood said:

Sparty travels to Columbus this Saturday to play the Buckeyes.   I fear they will get squashed like a grape.

Probably will cause they have no offense and there defense will get tired of being on the field. 

12 hours ago, Lurch said:

Great!   Other than the football game...

HAd a great time though. Vick and a bunch of his teammates were in attendance as a "welcome home' ceremony - they should have suited up. 

They kept it tied til kickoff, then went downhill from there.

and I still hate Duke.

Me too and we got htem this week.  You didn't happen to be at a pig roast prior to gametime?

On ‎9‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 10:30 AM, Jack L said:

Go Hawks!  #14 

Iowa's played an easy schedule so far, other than Iowa State--where they got darned lucky!  But the Hawks play the cream of the crop in the Big Ten before the season's over (other than Ohio State).  Badgers certainly looking like the top dog in the West.  But as usual, I'm betting that the Big Ten will beat up on each other and they'll be darned lucky if anyone is undefeated in conference play.

On ‎9‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 3:13 PM, GLS said:

Dad was commissioned  through reserve officers training and went to Ft. Leonard Wood ,Ky., with the "Yankee Division" and trained for almost a year before going to Europe as a platoon leader for a heavy weapons platoon attached to the 3rd Infantry.  The Yankee Division was out of Massachusetts and was originally a national guard unit according to its history.  Fast forward 70 something years to 2012 when my nephew, a USAF Combat Air Controller attached to Special Forces in Afghanistan,  recognized his grandfather's division shoulder patch on these two troops on the left.  Helmand Province, Afghanistan.  Nephew is on the right.   Gil

DSCF1420.thumb.JPG.33d15ccc144c85ef305c79bb4b1029cf.JPG

I think Ft Leonard Wood has always been in MO.  At least that's where it was when I spent 6 months there in 1963. :)

Combat Air Controller:  GLS, if you have not read it, you need to get your hands on "Alone At Dawn", which is about Combat Air Controllers, and in specific the story of John Chapman, a CAC who is the USAF's only Medal of Honor winner since Vietnam.  Goes back to early days in Afghanistan.