College Football: How's your team doing?

Thanks, Larry.  I am familiar with Chapman's story.  The CCT brotherhood was proud of Chapman's MOH, although it was paid for with his life.  Nephew is one tough dude.  CCT training includes scuba diver infiltration and Halo jumping.   All who wear the badge are also FAA certified air controllers.  Two years of  rigorous training before deployment.  Tab was an old man when he started training at 26 years old.  The training wash out rate is 90-95%.  You can't tell from the photo, but he carried laser guided 500 lb. bombs under those antennas.  Gil

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dogwood

• GLS

• Clueless1

• mccuha

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dad was commissioned  through reserve officers training and went to Ft. Leonard Wood ,Ky., with the "Yankee Division" and trained for almost a year before going to Europe as a platoon leader for a hea

My Clemson allegiance arises from my dad being a starting end  in the early 40’s.  I am a Clemson fan except when the Dawgs play them.  I lived the first year of my life on Clemson’s campus in veteran

Always been an IU fan.  Dad played for them in the early 30's.  Check out the pictures.  Jim Cavacini.  First picture, dad lower left.  Second picture as a sophomore.

Posted Images

On 9/28/2019 at 6:05 AM, GLS said:

No Golden Domers??

Long time Notre Dame fan for as long as I can remember.  I would describe it as a family/cultural type thing. I was never smart enough to attend but my brother did his grad work there. When they started playing night games it wasn't unusual in our town for Saturday mass to end with a blessing for ND for the game that would soon be starting. 

Ara was a hero in our household, as was Lou Holtz.  I've stuck with the Irish through good times and bad and hoping to live long enough to see another

national championship.  

My team, the UK Wildcats, are disappointing so far this season, especially after last year. Even more disappointing is my great-nephew. He was born and raised in Eastern KY where I’m originally from. He’s a good ole boy, and a hunting and fishing fool. People from there bleed Big Blue for life, so we thought. Add to that, he has an undergraduate, graduate, and doctorate in engineering from UK. But this summer he took a job near Birmingham, and shortly thereafter started dating a pretty girl there. She’s a 4th generation Alabama graduate. Here’s a pic of the traitor at Saturday’s game wearing a Bama shirt, with Saban photoshopped in so we can give him an even harder time. Like I say, “Women make you do stupid s#!t”.  

73C430CC-2B4F-4B70-8910-2037DB87B5AF.jpeg

Florida is ranked No. 9 but I'm not buying it yet.  Three of their next four games are against Auburn, Georgia and LSU.  All of them are ranked higher.  I will be a believer if Florida can come out of that gauntlet with a couple of wins.  Felipe Franks was Florida's starting QB but was sidelined for the year with an ugly injury that broke his ankle.  Tough break for him but a fortunate break for the team.  He should never have been the starter.  I have no idea what the coach saw in him.  This kid Trask that's the starter now is much better.  

Next door neighbor is a big Florida fan.  I told him I'm not buying it yet either.  One thing about the SEC though, if they come out of this stretch unscathed I'm a buyer.

On ‎10‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 12:24 PM, topdog1961 said:

My team, the UK Wildcats, are disappointing so far this season, especially after last year. Even more disappointing is my great-nephew. He was born and raised in Eastern KY where I’m originally from. He’s a good ole boy, and a hunting and fishing fool. People from there bleed Big Blue for life, so we thought. Add to that, he has an undergraduate, graduate, and doctorate in engineering from UK. But this summer he took a job near Birmingham, and shortly thereafter started dating a pretty girl there. She’s a 4th generation Alabama graduate. Here’s a pic of the traitor at Saturday’s game wearing a Bama shirt, with Saban photoshopped in so we can give him an even harder time. Like I say, “Women make you do stupid s#!t”.  

73C430CC-2B4F-4B70-8910-2037DB87B5AF.jpeg

I had hopes for Big Blue in the SEC as well as a local kid, Lynn Bowden, had a break out year last year.  My nephew was his center and left guard in high school so I saw him play quite often.  Hope things come around before the seasons over but the SEC is a tough neighborhood as is the Big Ten.

Pleasant Ridge

Being a life long Tennessee fan and living midway between UT and Virginia Tech, I’m thinking they will meet in Bristol again,  this time for the “toilet bowl”. 

Its ugly!!!!!!!

Dave in Maine
On 9/25/2019 at 9:57 AM, ARKBRDHUNTER said:

I don't even want to talk about it. 

You and me both.

On 9/25/2019 at 9:57 AM, ARKBRDHUNTER said:

I don't even want to talk about it. 

Pretty close to what was Lewis Grizzard's account of UGA getting the stuffing kicked out of it by Ga. Tech decades ago.  Lewis was a diehard Dawg fan and as much as he positively loved the Dawgs, he expended an equal amount of negative energy hating rival Tech.  On the day after the epic loss, Grizzard's nationally syndicated column headline was simply the lopsided score and the entire column consisted of one line:   "I don't want to talk about it."  When Lewis was sports editor of the Red & Black, the student newspaper, there was attributed to him the best sports headline in history.  Happy Dicks was a linebacker for UGA.  He was't expected to play because of injury against South Carolina.  The headline read:  "Georgia to play 'Cocks with Dicks out."  After hearing the story for decades, it turns out to be a legend without a bit of truth behind it.  Sounded like Lewis, though.  Gil

I haven’t heard Lewis Gizzard’s name in a long time. “life is like a dog sled race, if you aint the lead dog the scenery never changes” is one of my favorite quotes among many. 

17 hours ago, dvmweb said:

Michigan State University.

Alum, twice.

They’re going to give me ulcers and break my heart. Again.

Same here.  But you really have 2 favorite teams as an alum; MSU and whoever's playing Michigan.  Go Iowa Hawkeyes!!!