REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
Dongotto

Baseball playoffs WOW!

Timn

I am rooting for  the cards, relief pitcher Ryan helsley pitched for my son in law at tahlequah ok. Real good kid, watched him a lot there were always 6 to 10 or so scouts when he pitched. Would run the gun up near 99mph on his fastball fun to watch.

DennisMcFeely

Tanaka was outstanding and 22 year old Gleyber Torres was fearless on the big stage. 

gunsrus
11 hours ago, DennisMcFeely said:

Tanaka was outstanding and 22 year old Gleyber Torres was fearless on the big stage. 

Gleyber wants to be a Red Sox !   Oh , maybe that's me that wants him to be .

1971snipe

It was the bottom of the 11th, score tied 2-2, the bottom of the Astros order coming up, they had already left 21 runners on base, and it was one minute from midnight.  I'm going to bed, I was saying, and then I looked and saw that Correa had just hit a walk off home run.  Sweet dreams!  But still, 21 runners left on base?  Got to do better than that this week in NYC.  

DennisMcFeely

Tough loss for the Yanks. Hopefully Severino can get it done tomorrow 

Tom Avent

WELL......like Mr. Ben, I'm more of a hockey fan, but the Nats look damn good. Looking at Facebook, I feel like I'm the only person in the area that was not at last nights game. DC might become a decent sports town. 

mccuha

I guess with some injuries during the season and playing just ok the nats didn’t look that great.  Now with everyone healthy and most importantly getting hot at the right time   They definitely look like they could win it all

i was listening to a sports show a month or more ago and they said that the nats may have not won there division but they were the most built team to make the best run in the layoffs

vabirddog
9 hours ago, mccuha said:

to make the best run in the layoffs

Thats the Redskins. 

1971snipe

Well, the Yankees seem to get to Verlander.  Let's see what Peacock can do.  

DennisMcFeely

Wtf 

1971snipe
15 minutes ago, DennisMcFeely said:

Wtf 

Damn!  Damn if that wasn't a last inning that was!  The Astros pulled it off.    

Brad Eden

WOW!

Its easy for a Red Sox fan to hate the Yankees. But I'm so glad the Astros pulled it off. That Altuve is a tiny might mite. The Yanks are so buttoned up, and almost robotic. While the Astros have raw character.  I'm thinking Astros for the WS.

Hal Standish

Ha! Two National League teams to meet up in the WS. Go Stros!!

mccuha

It’s not the same pulling against the nats since Harper’s not with them anymore. I’m going with the stros 

Don Steese

I bleed Dodger Blue but it's hard not to like Altuve. I think games like that one and teams like the Astros are good for baseball, which, without question, needs the boost!