REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
Dongotto

Baseball playoffs WOW!

erik meade
On 10/21/2019 at 12:25 PM, jeff88 said:

... these Astros are not only good, they seem like really good guys, easy to root for

Welp,  the Astros PR department pretty much put an end to that.  

Not it sure what the off field nonsense looks like if you are in the Houston media market...  but from here the organization has suddenly become easy to root against.  

On field:  I sure did not expect 9 runs last night.   

vabirddog

I thought it was a great game to start the series. There was drama. Threaats most innings. Good hitting. Good pitching out of jams. Tough plays made and not made.  Didnt hurt that my team won, though I fear Zimmerman may well retire is they win the series. His play in this postseason has been huge as was that blast in the second last night. Steadied the ship and they continued to battle as they have. Soto's well that was a manshot!

jeff88
5 hours ago, erik meade said:

Welp,  the Astros PR department pretty much put an end to that.  

Not it sure what the off field nonsense looks like if you are in the Houston media market...  but from here the organization has suddenly become easy to root against.  

On field:  I sure did not expect 9 runs last night.   

As I don't follow the Stro's too closely, it shows.  I had no idea about Osuma.  Cole and Altuve seem like good guys, I know of Cole from when he was a Pirate.  

erik meade

Another fun game!  (though the final score doesn't really indicate it.)

1971snipe

The fans are making the news as much as the players.  Women flashing the pitchers.  Guy holding a beer in each hand still managed to catch a foul ball without dropping or spilling his beer.  And now Astros fans are saying that Scherzer was faking his injury so he'd be available in Houston.  An Astro official got fired for jeering at women reporters.  And the woman Yankee announcer ain't watching any of the Series because she says the Astros lied.  What a game.  

Dogwood

Go Nats!!!

Brad Eden

Frick.

gunsrus

How much money was bet on the Astros yesterday ? Riding a 3 game winning streak , Heading home , Verlander 0 for in October gotta think he's due . BAM game seven . Can't wait .

dogrunner

JV can't win a World series game, kinda funny. 

1971snipe
26 minutes ago, dogrunner said:

JV can't win a World series game, kinda funny. 

I think it's his wife's fault.  She needs to get back of home plate and flash him, like those Washington women did for Cole.  

dogrunner
28 minutes ago, 1971snipe said:

I think it's his wife's fault.  She needs to get back of home plate and flash him, like those Washington women did for Cole.  

That might work. You should have let her know, the viewership would have set a record. 

1971snipe
On 10/29/2019 at 5:41 PM, 1971snipe said:

The fans are making the news as much as the players.  Women flashing the pitchers.  Guy holding a beer in each hand still managed to catch a foul ball without dropping or spilling his beer.  And now Astros fans are saying that Scherzer was faking his injury so he'd be available in Houston.  An Astro official got fired for jeering at women reporters.  And the woman Yankee announcer ain't watching any of the Series because she says the Astros lied.  What a game.  

The visiting team won every game.  Congrats Nats.  

Ben Hong

I did not follow very closely, but seeing the Nats win was bittersweet. You see, they were the Montreal Expos that I had invested so much emotion into long ago.

gunsrus

Congrats Nats . Never knew where this one was going . 

erik meade

That series did not disappoint!