I ran the Firestone Winterforce with studs on my OB, Rav4s and I have also run the General Altimax studded.......Honestly, the Firestones were the best I have run and they don't break the bank either.

I have run Blizzaks on both my truck and the wife’s CRV for a few years now. Excellent snow tire and I live in Ontario, we get lots of snow& ice. 

Ice-X, Blizzaks, Nokians. I've had them all. All good, and have run them in places that sees 800" - 900" of snow a year.

Nokian has a low profile studded tire that are going on the Audi this winter.

16 hours ago, martyg said:

Ice-X, Blizzaks, Nokians. I've had them all. All good, and have run them in places that sees 800" - 900" of snow a year.

Nokian has a low profile studded tire that are going on the Audi this winter.

Just getting ready to put snows on the Audi this week. I noticed that the Nokian Hakkapeliitta 8 studded from factory is on sale, with the 9.0 version coming out. It is a different of $200ish on sale, verses $300+ for version 9.0.

Per above:

Blizzaks

Winterforce

Cooper Evolution

Have had all 3. All are good. Blizzaks & Winterforce IMO are about as good as I have seen. But I haven't seen / used them all.

I have the cooper evolutuion tires on my Outback & it did well in the MT mud this September. (very wet).