I think I know how I'll go

Despite a post a week or so ago about falling down in the grouse woods, breaking a hip, and starving to death I'm pretty sure I'll go a different way. I just spent 30-45 minutes looking for my wallet. I had seen it just a few minutes prior and for the life of me couldn't find it. I have the patience of a saint with the dogs, Peggy, and Addison but stuff like this makes me lose it. I swear I'll misplace my wallet or glasses and get so pi$$ed off looking for them I'll have an aneurysm. I know I shouldn't let it get to me but every once in awhile it's just enough to drive me crazy.

Guess where it was??? In the back of my hunting vest. I moved it from the garage to the basement and it must have slipped out of hand into the back of the vest. Earlier I was outside doing Halloween decorations, playing with the dogs (both in the dark) so I was outside with a flashlight trying to find it. Checked every place I thought it could be 3 times. I have lived through a major car accident and a near-drowning. Both of which I needed pads to bring me back. In the diving accident  I shattered my C6 vertebrae and had to learn to walk again. Another bonus of my diving accident was I didn't breath or have a heartbeat for at least 7 minutes. Both required life flights to a hospital. I have survived all these major incidents and joke I'm invincible but I know in the end it'll be something stupid like this that gets me.

Keep kickin' as hard and as high as you can for as long as you can. The good Lord will call us all home when its time.

I'm the same way. With wallet and keys and iPhone. Heart attack territory. I do keep a spare truck key in my wallet, but if I misplace my wallet, well...problem is wallets have important credit cards and stuff that would mean a huge hassle if lost. And iPhones have contacts and phone numbers. I cant remember any phone numbers nowadays. Sometimes I forget my own. Plus during hunting seasons I keep my iPhone on vibrate only. So whenever I cant find it I'm screwed.

39 minutes ago, dogrunner said:

It’s usually right where you left it. 

I heard that somewhere. Don't recall where.

Mentioned this before....just wait till you find your wallet in the fridge.

I bought a orange wallet and have orange whistles on my keys. This helps but there is still searching going on.

I realize this doesn't apply in the OP's instance and I may have mentioned this study on the UJ before, I think.

As humans evolved we had the same fear of large predators as all prey animals did. As an instinctual defense our minds automatically reset themselves whenever we enter a new environment. It was so we could assess our new surroundings for danger and probably prey if we were hunting. The rearchers said that trait still remains with us and is triggered everytime we walk through a door or passage. That's why when walking from one room to another we occassionally can't remember why we're there.  That excuse erh.. .logic works for me.  

1 hour ago, RuffChaser said:

I heard that somewhere. Don't recall where.

People tell me it's in the last place you look, dummy. I just wish I could skip all those other places and check the last place, first!

I blamed my wife for moving it from where I left it once.  I'm pretty sure that's how I'm going to go.