REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
blanked

Boat eye candy. What’s your favorite

blanked

One style of boat that grabs your attention

for me.    21 foot fiberglass bass boat ( Ranger ) with a 250 horse 2 stroke Yamaha.   Nothing else comes close

WPG Gizmo

Oh that kind of eye candy.

230 Whaler Outrage with a 250 V8 DTS Mercury Verado gets me off shore with no issues and on to the big lakes 

Tjasper

West wight potter....like a little kid's drawing of what a boat should look like.

max2

I know nothing about boats but friends had me up to the St lawrence this past Aug for some awesome smallmouth fishing and I could not get over how smooth this boat rode .It was a 26 ft Rabalo  .Nice boat ! They sure have come a long way. Electronics were amazing also.  

Rick (VA)

Any of Nathaniel Herreshoff’s classic sail boats.

Mushkodasa

If I bought a power ball ticket and actually won....otherwise, an old saying along the lines of "a wood lined hole in the water into which you pour money" comes to mind. Spectacular to look at though. These were just a couple of very many at the annual Hessel, Michigan wooden boat show a few years back. I'm glad there are folks with the skills, passion and resources to keep these works of art afloat.    

IMG_5332.JPG

IMG_5287.JPG

Grey Dog

We spend most of our time chasing Walleye and we're no different than a lot of other Walleye fishermen here on the prairie; we hate to quit when we should be getting off the water when the wind starts kicking up.  For me, it's a Lund boat with a Mercury powerplant.  They've proven many times over to be built right, tough, dependable, and don't quit given good maintenance.  Lunds' run dry and smooth out a lot of the rough water.  Because of those experiences, I feel safer in a Lund despite my sometimes bad judgement on the weather.  And all this is why I've been eyeing one of the new Pro V's lately.

I would be remiss, however, not to mention a Skeeter fiberglass with a 250 Yamaha.  Fishing with a good friend and local guide in his Skeeter 21 footer on Lake Mac in Western Nebraska a few years ago, we got caught a long ways (8 miles) from the ramp when the wind came up.  On the way in, we experienced honest 4-5 foot waves.  The guide, an excellent boatman, got us home safely, but the boat took a gawd-awful beating from all the pounding.  But we stayed fairly dry and two of us had hydraulic seats.  A later examination revealed no damage of any sort; just some gear scattered around in a locker was all that was remiss.  From that ride, I developed a good deal of respect for Skeeter boats and how they are built.     

Geoff Roznak

I'm not a big boat fan...can't fish 'em in most of my water.

An 18' - 19' with a 150 get's 'er done about 10x better than a 21' with a 250.

...as long as all the gear gets stored below deck.  Can't freakin' stand stepping over stuff onthe deck when I'm trying to land fish...

salmontogue

My choice

hydra.png

Thunder Bay

Winter/Spring = Flats Boat

Summer = Driftboat

I like them all 🙂

479A5A1D-2143-4B39-ADF0-01CC0B98ED19.jpeg

B55DFA1B-ADF2-4AF3-ADE6-E7C0CFD52DE7.jpeg

canvasback

Not the actual one but the same model as my old sailboat. Alberg 37. Love them! They were built about 25 minutes from where I now live. Yawl or sloop. Full keel, circumnavigation capable. Built like tanks. Beautiful lines and sails through anything with confidence.

6393801_20171007100300817_1_XLARGE.jpg

mccuha

I've said at some point I want to get a flats boat. My dad has a place on the coast and could leave it there most of the time when fishing is good and bring it home to use on the lakes when the crappie are spawning.  My other dream boat.  I already own it.  36HP pro drive mud motor on a 18' flat bottom boat. 

Clueless1

Interesting that I just now realized I don't have a picture of the whole boat, just the inside.  But you get the idea. 

IMG_3159 (002).JPG

IMG_0320 (1).JPG

RayB
10 hours ago, Thunder Bay said:

Winter/Spring = Flats Boat

Summer = Driftboat

I like them all 🙂

479A5A1D-2143-4B39-ADF0-01CC0B98ED19.jpeg

B55DFA1B-ADF2-4AF3-ADE6-E7C0CFD52DE7.jpeg

I'm with you on the skiff, but because of a certain relative by marriage I'll have to stick to canoes and kayaks 😪

Up North

Our walleye boat.

4CA20EE6-D170-4EB7-B972-508E4F932011.jpeg

93A233FD-A503-469C-B26B-DE9C0BABE2CC.jpeg