REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
blanked

Boat eye candy. What’s your favorite

WI Outdoor Nut
14 hours ago, Dave Medema said:

2014378966_ScreenShot2019-11-13at5_54_45PM.thumb.png.28e380265c0018e9a7ec9085db4bc8dc.png

It's Nordic Tug 37.  LOA is just under 40".  Built like a tank.  Single screw...big diesel.  Claim from the factory is "built to go from Seattle to Ketchikan in any season, in any seas, on one tank of fuel".  I believe them.  I bought it from a guy in Chicago.   Red gelcoat sucks so no way I could remove the "chicago" from the back without discoloration.  

I have always been intrigued by displacement hull type boats.  Ran into my 1st one close hand while traversing the apostle islands on Superior.  I was amazed on the fuel economy he was getting, but also amazed on how slow it was.  Really need to plan your float trip accordingly.  Does it have much of a roll in big seas?  And FWIW, it bug the crap out of me to have the CHI on the back:)

Dave Medema

This one can actually go 18 mph but in doing so, it sucks on the gas pretty hard.  I typically cruise at 9kts and burn 2.5 gph.  I plan my days with an eye on the weather.  One rule that must be obeyed, is the safest place to be on a boat is in port.  If its not safe...we don't  move.  My wife is my "go...no go" meter.  The boat can handle insane stuff but it won't be comfortable.  Wave direction is key too as beams suck.  I think this only weighs 25,000 and I don't have stabilizers  Its also a "wet" ride.  Even 3 footers on the  nose spray up and over the bow.  That said, this is a killer boat for how we spend time in the big lakes.  I try to hit a marina every 4-6 days just to get a full charge on the batteries and to restock beer and food.  Being in a bay without a lot do is good living.  Cruising at 9kts is an easy going lifestyle.  On days we move, I start the engine at daybreak and put in some miles before lunch.  The afternoons are meant for lounging.  

MAArcher

I love the idea of tugs and trawlers but not only are they out of my price range, I don't have the time to dawdle.  I need something that can get to where the fish are somewhat quickly.  I'm hoping to find a deal on a trailerable 22'-26' lobster style boat that's been converted to a "picnic" boat or "lobster yacht".  That way I can cruise around the marinas with the wife and her friends but also remove a bench or two and have enough deck space for a couple guys to fish with plenty of elbow room.  

Jacksdad

Owned a Parker 23SE and even after letting it go I still find them to be very attractive.

But for a lottery boat...I'd go with a luxury deadrise type boat tricked out with teak floors, couches, outdoor kitchen and rod holders out the wazoo.  Saw one (minus the rod holders) at the Annapolis boat show some years back and loved it.  Don't recall the brand. 

This boat isn't the one from the show but it is possibly the prettiest boat I've ever set eyes on. 

Wye%20River%20011.jpg

dukxdog

I love this one having many great days duck hunting with it.

IMG_3918.thumb.JPG.1ce50ba63e272d8da9fc4b140dd7748e.JPG

Swampy 16
38 minutes ago, dukxdog said:

That’s a meat machine there for sure.

sharptail grouse
2 hours ago, Jacksdad said:

Owned a Parker 23SE and even after letting it go I still find them to be very attractive.

But for a lottery boat...I'd go with a luxury deadrise type boat tricked out with teak floors, couches, outdoor kitchen and rod holders out the wazoo.  Saw one (minus the rod holders) at the Annapolis boat show some years back and loved it.  Don't recall the brand. 

This boat isn't the one from the show but it is possibly the prettiest boat I've ever set eyes on. 

Wye%20River%20011.jpg

Doesn't look like it would be very easy to paddle 😉

hmm363

Bad picture hanging from the rafters, put up for the winter but you can get the idea. Like to paddle them when I can and build them when the urge moves me. Wood and canvas.

canoe resized.jpg

MAArcher

I’m an idiot for selling this one this past summer.  Can’t find a cooler tub for The $1,000.00 I had into it.

084059CF-8CEC-4A57-A794-1A7C378DB903.png

Swampy 16
1 hour ago, MAArcher said:

I’m an idiot for selling this one this past summer.  Can’t find a cooler tub for The $1,000.00 I had into it.

084059CF-8CEC-4A57-A794-1A7C378DB903.png

I may have to agree with you.

WI Outdoor Nut
22 hours ago, Jacksdad said:

Wye%20River%20011.jpg

Has beautiful lines.  I also like that the stern of the boat is very close to the water - often when you get to larger boats, the distance to net a fish can be challenging.  I like your tastes!

WeeWilly

A Coldwater 33' or 35' walk around with twin outboards is on my list.

bigdog MN

I am fond of this one, modeled by my late dog Bodie after a duck hunt turned pheasant hunt.  Alumacraft Ducker.

Bodie 09 5.jpg

WI Outdoor Nut
On ‎11‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 11:01 AM, dukxdog said:

Love the rig.  Use to hunt a 14' boat with a long tail 24 horse honda.  Could go anywhere with that rig.  Never ran a short tail, but I know they can go!

dukxdog

I hunt over custom carved, hollow, hand painted cedar decoys these days. These are the "eye candy". Love my greenhead hunting!

IMG_2717.JPG