REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
braque du upstate

Brass name plates on garmin collars?

braque du upstate

Probably a stupid question, i' ve always used brass name plates on any/ all collars. I assume it has no effect on gps collars ? I attached one to my TT 15 . Gundog supply didn't prompt me to add a name plate when i placed my order. Just want to make sure it's ok ?

greg jacobs

Phone numbers are always a good idea. Worked for me more than once. I have a girl that likes to go on walkabouts

gunsrus

Boomerang Tags . They slide on any collar , stainless steel , just replace the collar every year and slip on the tag . I have them on my Alpha , E collar , bell collar and everyday collars . Buy once . 

Illini
On ‎11‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 4:30 AM, gunsrus said:

Boomerang Tags . They slide on any collar , stainless steel , just replace the collar every year and slip on the tag . I have them on my Alpha , E collar , bell collar and everyday collars . Buy once . 

This is a great idea!

Jake

Never heard of them. A great idea. Where would you buy one.

Jake

Also forgot to mention, a friend saw one of my collars with my dog's name as well as my phone number on the collar. His comment was "why put the dog's name on the collar?" just makes it easier for someone to keep the dog rather than returning it to you. Don't know if that really makes sense as someone who is unscrupulous would just work at retraining to a new name, I think.

Mike Elliott

We got the guy at "pointer supply" (a web store) to send us 2 spare engraved plates when we ordered  couple collars off him 6-7 years ago to be sent to us here in NZ.

Now I just carefully shift them to the new collars when necessary. Hard to find the brass rivets they use locally though.

We just have home number, mobile number and home address on them, don't bother with dogs name or my name

erik meade
5 minutes ago, Jake said:

"why put the dog's name on the collar?" just makes it easier for someone to keep the dog rather than returning it to you.

Because the vast, vast, vast, vast, vast majority of people will want to return a dog to you. And they like knowing the dogs name in the process.

Grey Dog

I’ve used brass tags on the main collar for many, many years and had no problems associated with that with any of the e-collars.  I rivet the brass tags to the main collar and none of the Brits nor Chessies have ever lost one.  I tried copper tags once, but they are too soft.  Tags are available through any trapping supply house which is where I get mine and they are just right size to go on a collar.  They also come pre-drilled and with the rivets.  Pick up a copy of Fur, Fish, and Game magazine and you’ll find them advertised.

gunsrus
22 hours ago, Jake said:

Never heard of them. A great idea. Where would you buy one.

On line Boomerang dog tags . Make sure to get the correct collar size . My Alpha mini is smaller than the regular dog collar they wear .

Coveyrise64
On ‎1‎/‎11‎/‎2020 at 12:09 PM, Mike Elliott said:

We got the guy at "pointer supply" (a web store) to send us 2 spare engraved plates when we ordered  couple collars off him 6-7 years ago to be sent to us here in NZ.

Now I just carefully shift them to the new collars when necessary. Hard to find the brass rivets they use locally though.

We just have home number, mobile number and home address on them, don't bother with dogs name or my name

Aluminum pop rivets work just as well and are easier to drill out when changing collars.

cr

Rafterboy

Hi Mike

On 1/12/2020 at 7:09 AM, Mike Elliott said:

I use M3 s/s caphead screws and dome nuts on my dogs collars. I buy this stuff by the 000's for my company, so pm me your address and I'll send a bag of them down.

Cheers, Ross