REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
gunsrus

Garmin Fenix 5S

grouse28

That save the truck location never works on my Alpha. It always shows the truck somewhere from where I think it is.

GLS

I have spare collar that I leave on in the truck.  It shows up on my Fenix 3 with the two dogs.  Range is about .75 miles on the watch, but I also save the truck on my Astro as  there is no mileage limit on it.  I just look at the watch  for dog direction and distance during the hunt and Astro when I want to see how much ground the dogs have covered and their speed.  I don't rely on the watch for mapping, etc.  Gil

On 11/22/2019 at 9:02 AM, Dogwood said:

so when one fires up a Fenix or Instinct how many times does one have to press various buttons to get to the screen showing the dog locations?

Once you go to the dog widget on a hunt, it stays there until you accidentally bump it off. 

Dogmountain

Just an FYI for # of Dogs on the screen for a Garmin Watch

The number of dogs available to be viewed on the watch is limited by the broadcast data sent from the handheld device.

Example: The Alpha 100 can broadcast up to 20 dogs to a Garmin Watch, but the watch will only show 3 dogs per screen.  You can scroll through the screens to view tracking for all but at a glance is 3 max.

The Pro 550 Plus is a 3 dog max unit and so all dogs will appear on one screen.

The Astro 320 is compatible with the Garmin Watches.  I believe Software update 4.50 enabled broadcast data from handheld to Garmin Watches

See attached Astro 320 software change log

IMG_1266.png