REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
Dave Erickson

TT15 update?

Dave Erickson

I learned the hard way that I can't update my Alpha on our Mac, but can the TT15 be updated on a Mac?   

WPG Gizmo

I dont believe that they are supported yet on a Mac

DC 50, T 5, TT 10, TT 15 Collar is no Longer Working After Updating on a Mac

The DC 50, T 5, TT 10, and TT 15 collars are not compatible with the Mac OS. Updating on a Mac will cause your collars to no longer function properly. This can easily be fixed by updating on a Windows PC. For information on updating on a Windows PC see Installing Software Updates to Dog Tracking Handhelds and Compatible Collars and then select your collar from the list of available collars.

Dave Erickson

Thanks, Gary. 

Our village library has PC's and that's where I updated my handheld. Sorta ticks me off that Garmin can't make these Mac compatible.  

gunsrus

I have a Mac and found the Alpha can be updated on it . The Collars can not be updated with a Mac . I borrowed my neighbors pc with windows and just did my Alpha , TT15 mini and TT 15 along with my Fenix 5S . I believe they state that the Collars cannot be updated on a Mac . For that reason , I never tried it . 

Cooter Brown
9 minutes ago, gunsrus said:

I have a Mac and found the Alpha can be updated on it . The Collars can not be updated with a Mac.

This is exactly right, but only with the TT15.  The other collars including the TT15 Mini can be updated with a Mac.  I'm a big Garmin fan but this is a pain in the ass.  They don't show any inclination to fix the issue.

My public library's system won't let me download the piece of software necessary to update the collars.  I like to keep this stuff updated so I have to hunt down somebody with a PC fairly often.

Any time I call Garmin customer service I ask when they are going to make the TT15 compatible with the Mac--you should all do the same.

dogrunner

Buy a cheap laptop that will get it done for ya. 

john mcg

I run Parallels Desktop  and Win 10 on my Mac. It works great for Garmin and  tt products.

Dave Erickson
7 hours ago, gunsrus said:

I have a Mac and found the Alpha can be updated on it . The Collars can not be updated with a Mac . I borrowed my neighbors pc with windows and just did my Alpha , TT15 mini and TT 15 along with my Fenix 5S . I believe they state that the Collars cannot be updated on a Mac . For that reason , I never tried it . 

I probably knew and forgot the Alpha can be upgraded on our Mac. Thanks for the reminder.

Yes, it's very weird and frustrating that a big tech company like Garmin doesn't accommodate Mac users on the TT15. I don't know anyone with a PC. 

WMassGriff

While I update the Apha unit on my MAC, I haven't ever updated (2years) the TT15. What am I missing?

john mcg

THe Garlin site explains the updates.

Garmin realizes that Mac guys can run Win if they want to.

It works perfectly and its like two platforms in one box.

It cost a few bucks, but worth it for geek types.

Cooter Brown
11 minutes ago, john mcg said:

THe Garlin site explains the updates.

Garmin realizes that Mac guys can run Win if they want to.

It works perfectly and its like two platforms in one box.

It cost a few bucks, but worth it for geek types.

That's a good idea, John.  Might be worth bucks to avoid the hassle.  Why don't you use Boot Camp, which I think is free?

john mcg

I have tried Boot Camp and others over the years...Parallels works best, with less resources...in my experience.

It is very reliable and allows for use of both platforms at the same time.

Very Slick...you can try it for free and then the full version is $79/year.

You need to purchase Windows, but I find it useful and with the added securities that iMac provides as the base system.

Cooter Brown
48 minutes ago, john mcg said:

I have tried Boot Camp and others over the years...Parallels works best, with less resources...in my experience.

It is very reliable and allows for use of both platforms at the same time.

Very Slick...you can try it for free and then the full version is $79/year.

You need to purchase Windows, but I find it useful and with the added securities that iMac provides as the base system.

Thanks, John.  With the $139 cost for Win 10 not sure it's worth it since updating the TT15 is the only thing I could really see using it for.