REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
sidelock

Tracker Telemetry

sidelock

I know this is a long shot but does anyone know where I may be able to locate parts for a Tracker system ? I lost one of the aluminum end caps for the battery housing on the collar and one of the collar antennas broke off. I still use these units on my dogs because of the battery life/longevity for several days compared to the batteries in the modern units which only last 24 hours. 

dgfavor

I hoard the stuff.  Best recovery device for foot hunter by far.  Got like 5 units and more collars than i can count.  Bid on a couple on ebay the other day.  Which collar are you using?  I might be able to hook you up with parts.

sidelock

Oh man that would be fantastic, I've been desperately looking for months but had no luck.

My receiver is a Supra, green colored and the collars are Tracker Lite TTA-100, they look smaller than the once in your video plus they don't require the magnet to turn them on. The aluminum end cap is 3/4" or 19cm. in diameter and has a tiny brass spring for battery contact . I'm not capable to post pictures but I can email them to you. The antennas are 14" long approx.18 gauge plastic coated multi strand twisted stainless steel cable .

dgfavor

Those are Marshall collars.  I use them on the dogs in field trials when they might get a 20 minute plus head start on getting good and lost.  They have crazy range and signal strength but require more meticulous tracking to pinpoint...kind of overehelm the receiver when you get close.  I use the Supra Lites for training and hunting - they give perfect quick direction but not as much range.  I love em.  

Tracked down Bones today pretty deep across a massive plateau today pointing huge covey of chuks...sporting a SupraLite:

20191111_220216.thumb.jpg.ae857ed416f9d68628a4467d7a61daf7.jpg

20191111_150143.thumb.jpg.d762b333cc87f7734fb0798606260f63.jpg

I know I have extra caps, extra antennaes, broken collars for parts, etc.  all for the SupraLites.  Ill go thru the pile tomorrow and get ya fixed up.

Craig Doherty

Great units -- I still have mine -- haven't used it since i got my first "review" Astro 220 before they were released.  PM me with an offer if anyone wants it.  The handheld and supra lite definitely work  -- not sure about the larger collar. 

IMG_0903.thumb.jpeg.a7212e630661acdd4ac1ceafcf9e6c10.jpeg

sidelock
10 hours ago, dgfavor said:

Those are Marshall collars.  I use them on the dogs in field trials when they might get a 20 minute plus head start on getting good and lost.  They have crazy range and signal strength but require more meticulous tracking to pinpoint...kind of overehelm the receiver when you get close.  I use the Supra Lites for training and hunting - they give perfect quick direction but not as much range.  I love em.  

Tracked down Bones today pretty deep across a massive plateau today pointing huge covey of chuks...sporting a SupraLite:

20191111_220216.thumb.jpg.ae857ed416f9d68628a4467d7a61daf7.jpg

20191111_150143.thumb.jpg.d762b333cc87f7734fb0798606260f63.jpg

I know I have extra caps, extra antennaes, broken collars for parts, etc.  all for the SupraLites.  Ill go thru the pile tomorrow and get ya fixed up.

Thanks man, I appreciate your help and  much obliged.

dgfavor

Yah.  I got a problem...🤣

20191112_112804.thumb.jpg.f193737748a5b2b5c3d5e1350f345a71.jpg

I've got one SupraLite that is not working but cap and antennaes are good.  PM me info and ill send it to you to harvest parts.

sidelock

Cool thanks, check your PM 

sidelock

A big thank you to none other than dgfavor for his  act of kindness in  setting m up with the parts I had been desperately trying to find  for several  months. Much obliged !