REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
Brad Eden

Annual 2019/2020 Weather Check Topic

topdog1961

The wild gyrations in Ohio temps are playing havoc with me helping a gr nephew process his nice buck. We had it hanging in my deer cooler because it was in the 50s a couple days ago. Then we skinned, quartered, and took burger cuts off the carcass last evening. But it was supposed to get to 1 degree overnight and we were afraid the meat would freeze in the cooler, so we turned off the cooler of course and put a floodlight in for heat. We figured with cold air being able to pass in through the AC unit, hopefully that would keep it from freezing. I got up for work at 4:30am and the cooler was like a sauna! It’s insulated better than I gave it credit for. I hope the meat wasn’t destroyed, but it was cold when we put it in at 8:30pm. I turned the AC back on to cool it fast as possible. We won’t be able to finish processing until the weekend and the temps range from lower 30s to teens until then. I told him to go down today and put one small lightbulb on in the cooler, with the AC on and the temp set to 36. Hopefully the smaller light will warm it enough to keep from freezing, and the AC will fight it and maintain an ideal temp. 

1F217540-99CB-4EA0-AF60-CD92219C9155.jpeg

E8B3443A-8487-43F8-BB13-4FABD3EA6C46.jpeg

paul frey

17 deg. In the lower hudson valley this morning. Too cold too fast. I’m freakin freezing🥶

RayB

For a second day we may break a record from 1907, high temp 40 degrees. 

Spiller

All I know is that it is mid November but the temp and the shitty snow cover outside is like friggin' January and I ain't into it..

max2

Cold here right through Saturday . The plus side is deer season opens Saturday and being 12 degrees as predicted should give the deer in my neighbor a half a chance. Hard to post for deer in 12 degrees.    

Fishnfowler

38 this morning.  Foggy and damp, perfect conditions for hunting, too bad I had to work. 

spinfly

Currently sitting at 26. Monday night into Tuesday had about 11" of heavy snow, then yesterday another 4" of light lake effect fluff. Broke the record low the other night of 15, temps projected below average for the next week plus.

dogrunner

Cold,  snowy. setting records for both.  Ice age is on its way. 

Greg Hartman

Perfect weather here.  Down into the low 20's at night - and upper 30's or lower 40's during the day.  A little nice morning frost to start out (see below) and a few occasional flurries for pretty but no snow on the ground.  No bugs.  No soaking sweat.  Dogs can run all day.  It could be like this all year as far as I am concerned.  You guys can have your 80 degree days.  Anything much over 40 is too hot for me.

11-8-19 - Frosty early morning hunt

Dogwood

About 2' on the ground in Suttons Bay.   18 this am while going to work, single digits farther inland.  The deer hunters are happy; opening day firearm tomorrow.

fishvik

21 degrees this morning, 51 now in Idaho Falls now at 1;30 pm. Time to get the water skis again.

Remo

Water skis, well not here. Ice on the lakes but todays 45 might peel some of that off. The snow is gone again.

DTB

IMG_2063.thumb.PNG.4b6d89cc4dbc32205a5f5ae1cb5a132d.PNG

85 degrees and sunny.

Good enough to catch my niece her first few bonefish. 

Brad Eden

51°.

And I just put the chains on my tractor (which is a PIA) because of recent frigid, frozen conditions. 

Chukarman

I was at my place in Sonoita, AZ last week. Averaged 65 to 70 degrees every day. Cooler at night. I really don't like cold weather.