REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
Brad Eden

Annual 2019/2020 Weather Check Topic

max2

A good day to put up the outside Christmas decorations . Can't fire them up until after Thanksgiving though.

Mike da Carpenter

On my way into work today...pouring rain and 44*.  40-50 mph winds to follow.

Rogue Hunter

Got about 3" out of the 6-8" of snow that was predicted. Temp at about freezing and winds are strong right now. Darn meteorologists can't get anything right. But, I have the best weather station around, yup, I just look out the window!

Brad Eden

It's 53° in mid Maine right now. Most of the 10" of snow is gone from temp and rain. By this time tomorrow it will be 25° and get down to 16° on Thursday. New England.

Remo

-18 here this morning, about 10" of snow on the ground. All the earth is sick and famished....

Now, o'er all the dreary North-land,
Mighty Peboan, the Winter,
Breathing on the lakes and rivers,
Into stone had changed their waters.
From his hair he shook the snow-flakes,
Till the plains were strewn with whiteness,
One uninterrupted level,
As if, stooping, the Creator

With his hand had smoothed them over.

bobman

Brrrr  North Dakota is rough this time of year 

It’s 61 here and drizzling 

walt lister

We have had good rain here in AZ so far this fall. If we get average rain statewide in Jan/Feb the 2020 quail season could be excellent. Just a heads up to UJrs .  

Felix

My daughter , son-in-law and family spend every other Christmas with us.  (Every other year with his parents). Two years ago when they were here we got 48" of snow on Christmas Day.

snow.JPG.98525c766bda7b0797aec38fc1ff47cc.JPG

This year they were throwing around a football in the front yard with no jackets on.

Football.JPG.e512293c1828a2da2360118b44e55fa8.JPG

Brad Eden

It's official. I put it off until today. Plow is on the truck.

Went on with a minimum of drama. Plow assembly was under a tarp since last spring. I cleaned all the connections and added new dielectric grease, and lubed everything up with Fluid Film, and greased the main pivot. No hydraukic leaks so should be good to go. All tools now on call for the next northeaster. We've had a bunch of 3-4-5" storms with another coming this afternoon and overnite.  So far the snowrhrower and Kubota sub compact have handled the snow. But nothing like roughing the airstrip driveway in with a few passes with the truck plow.

Brad Eden

7B918197-9C72-475C-A6AF-1946D978D346.jpeg

-3° this morning. Had a modest dump of 6” of snow a couple days ago. Another storm later this evening of 6-8”. We live in some sort of snow belt and can typically expect the high amount and usually more. Plow and lil Kubota being put to use.

WMassGriff

Balmy 12 with no wind in Westfield. Going Pheasant hunting before the storm now that the corn fields have firmed up and that helps with after hunt cleanups!

drummer's stump

This is the first real cold stretch we have had, and the snow level are 21" at the WSI stakes. I had plans to go ice fishing this morning, but -23 is too cold for me to ride a sled. I did find a bear den while laying out a harvest Thursday. The grouse are having a hard time snow roasting because of the sleet last weekend, but this cold is not going to last long so they should be okay. 

IMG_0075.jpg

Big Pine

I’m ready for some good winter weather. The latest storm dumped about five inches of snow overnight, but this morning it was 40 degrees and drizzly—miserable stuff. Temps are dropping again now, and we might get some lake effect tonight and tomorrow.

Just waxed my cross country skis for a trip up to Traverse City tomorrow. 

Millriver

7 degrees here this morning, ground was mostly bare and the ice unsafe (for me anyway) from last weekend’s warmup, and now 6-8 inches coming. Snowing now in fact. Winter has returned here. 

Don Steese

IMG_0381.thumb.JPG.93f53e1d0b443905b3d72d202c053e07.JPGIMG_0383.thumb.JPG.ee32dbd3ba644e08dae321551159bf51.JPG72 right now, 76 tomorrow, 77 on Monday, and no snow in the forecast!  If I want to see snow I must drive 100 miles. I think I'll pass!  Quail hunting must be done early in the day.