REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
Brad Eden

Annual 2019/2020 Weather Check Topic

Bird_Man_mike

Super mild here in south central MT. 40s all weekend and looks to stay that thru end of week.

bigjohnsd

65F here in Western South Dakota today, I can't remember the last time I went for a motorcycle ride in February.

I rode about 100 miles stopped for lunch and finished up with this great piece of Pecan Pie

20200201_140406-X4.jpg

max2

I was in West Virginia last week and it was quite cold. Colder then I would have thought. Glad I brought my hoody....

Brad Eden

Its been an erratic and a relatively mild winter so far in most of Maine. Fluctuating temperatures, from freezing, to thawing, multiple 3-5 inch snow storms, repeat, repeat. Sort of dismal really. Snow pack was almost a foot, now it’s spotty and frozen and maybe 4-5 inches in most of mid Maine. Looks like a decent dump of white stuff at end of next week, but more rain too. February starts to break your will. March finishes you off. Then April kicks you when you are down...in the mud. Then May shows a glimmer of hope until the black flies arrive. At least we can now spring gobbler hunt in Maine. 

RMH

I concur with the above post. Maine's winter has been unimpressive for almost everyone. To much winter for the haters, which always makes me wonder why they live here. Way to little for most winter activities making everyone else upset. Perfect for those who do not mind some cold weather but never do anything outside I suppose. It might not be bad for running beagles after hares. Easy running for the short legged fellows. It feels like March this morning, looks like it too. A decoy most likely. The vain promise of an early Spring. The bottom will fall out just as we think we have made it through. Happy Groundhog Day. No sign of a woodchuck here but the scent of skunk was in the air when I had Chance out earlier. beware.

Brad Eden

My hatred for Maine winters has been slowly growing for over 30 years. I've earned it.

But...perfect conditions for shed hunting right now in mid Maine. That’s my goal today. Something to do to avoid a days worth of SB hype on the tube.

paul frey
19 minutes ago, Brad Eden said:

My hatred for Maine winters has been slowly growing for over 30 years. I've earned it.

But...perfect conditions for shed hunting right now in mid Maine. That’s my goal today. Something to do to avoid a days worth of SB hype on the tube.

As I get older my tolerance for the cold diminishes. I’m going to “work” at the gun club this morning on a duck swamp hunt and then train dogs this afternoon. If the football game is not that good the Penquins and Capitals are playing.

ill probability switch back and forth.

Brad Eden

I__00010.JPG

Just checked a trail cam out back. This looks to me like a young buck who has dropped his antlers. Im gonna go try and find them later. #getenthruamainewintah

bigjohnsd

SPEARFISH, SD.  65F yesterday, 

as of 8:10 am MST 41° SUNNY feels like 37° H 42° / L 19°

Sunshine this morning then becoming mostly cloudy with snow showers developing this afternoon. High 42F. Winds NW at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of snow 90%.

Back to winter tomorrow, MON FEB 3 Snow Showers H 22° L14° Chance of snow 60% Winds NE 11 mph

Big Al

Yesterday afternoon it was warmer in Bozeman, MT than in Bradenton, FL.  It usually happens two to three times a winter.

salmontogue
7 hours ago, Brad Eden said:

What is SB?

walt lister

High 70s here. Take a look at the golf game in TV in Phoenix.

Alaskan Swamp Collie

Finally getting above zero during the day. Still below zero at night. January sucked, below normal temps the whole month. But we are up to around 7 hours of daylight.

Samuel Hoggson

Feb and have only used the big blower twice.  Tubbs have also been underutilized.  Deer still running all over the place.  Hitting our bird feeders.  One behind me as I'm typing. 

Reminds me of '91.  Liking it.  So far. 

Friday could change that 

polecat

Just got a surprise ground coating of the white stuff. About 32 here in NEPA. The dogs liked a quick roll in the snow.