REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
Brad Eden

Annual 2019/2020 Weather Check Topic

Brad Eden
18 minutes ago, Samuel Hoggson said:

We didn't get downgraded enough.  6" of sticky, abrasive USP Bore Paste.  Tractor could manage just 30' throw.

Slow going on the Tubbs, too.  Dogs don't care.     

Wierd storm. Some people got whacked. Lots of power outages in my area, upwards of 3500 households due to wind gusts up to 50mph. We seemed to slip under most of it. I do have a nice layer of icy snow on gravel driveway which will help with the next snow blowing, plowing and float bucketing...til it melts in 50° temps early next week. At least for the time being our dirt (mud wallow) road won’t swallow up small vehicles and large animals.

Big Al

We've had two absolutely perfect days, yesterday and today.  Low humidity, temps in the low 60s and not a cloud to be seen. 

March, the month that helped me make the decision to move to Florida 39 years ago is upon us.  I usually had a real bad case of cabin fever by the end of Feb and I just wanted March to give me some hope.  Sadly a March in Michigan is going to disappoint. 

Tim Frazier

1CA50FDC-D34B-4264-97FE-99B2DDB23F6D.thumb.jpeg.52fe8ee64c300c93b2057198625605b5.jpeg

Still winter here.  20 this morning and light snow.  My daughter in the Adirondacks has multiple feet still.  They won't be tapping trees for syrup till May! Ha!

7E8D1CB5-F4CB-4CA3-A87E-0BE0375127A7.jpeg

Big Pine

Five or six inches of snow earlier this week, plus a little lake effect on top. I went for a nice, easy ski tour at a local park, and Was surprised to see that they couldn’t groom some of the trails—just not enough snow. 

We’ll probably lose it all tomorrow anyway, when the temps climb up to fifty degrees.

46FA21BF-C745-4041-86EB-96A80E63D529.jpeg

mshowman

59 heading for a high of 69 this afternoon. 

22263E59-037A-48A5-8F58-B0889DF9C6DC.jpeg

Alaskan Swamp Collie

5 below yesterday morning, warmed to teens and started snowing. Picked up about 7 inches overnight. Supposed to stay warm(teens) today and snow. Than tomorrow night back to below zero for the week. Over 3 foot of snow on the flats with no end in sight.

Brad Eden

Giving my truck a break and took off my plow yesterday in 50° weather. It's a pain to drive with it on with all the frost heaves in the roads, and my gas mileage dips. So, just a heads up because now Maine will no doubt get hit with a Nor'easter within the week.

Samuel Hoggson
28 minutes ago, Brad Eden said:

just a heads up because now Maine will no doubt get hit with a Nor'easter within the week.

Long range looking ugly from Tuesday through Friday.  Fun managing white toothpaste on soft ground. 

At least we know where to lay the blame.....

No sweat, tho.  I'll take the blower off next January, return the favor.

Brad Eden
54 minutes ago, Samuel Hoggson said:

Long range looking ugly from Tuesday through Friday.  Fun managing white toothpaste on soft ground. 

At least we know where to lay the blame.....

No sweat, tho.  I'll take the blower off next January, return the favor.

Looks messy, spits of snow and rain. Best to let it lie lest you roll up any lawn and push and puke out berms of dirt and gravel from the plow, tractor and snowblower. Feels more like April. But just because I took off plow doesn’t mean I’m being naive, and it will go back on I’m sure.

Alaskan Swamp Collie

Minus 13 this morning, but NO SNOW for 2 whole days. Plow might stay on the truck year around now. Moose are getting cranky, but on the bright side , the bugs aren't bad.

gunsrus

Holy Crap , white stuff on the ground , wind blowing , cold as all hell . Is this that "winter thing"  ya all talk about ?

Supposed to be near 70 degrees SE Mass on Monday . Geesh !!!

dogrunner

20 Clear and going to 40 should be a nice day

walt lister

Rain, rain !! 2.6" in my rain gauge since Wednesday and more to come. Best March in years after good rain November/December. Now if we can have good weather April/May while quail chicks are little next season could be real good.  

bigjohnsd

Snow with a strong wind out of the East this evening

Brad Eden

5-8 inches of snow expected starting tonite through morning. I’m gonna tackle it with shovels, snowblower and tractor. Plow is staying on the ground.