Annual 2019/2020 Weather Check Topic

bigjohnsd

The past two days have been beautiful with mid-60's spring like weather.

The Yard guys were here today aerating and power raking the lawn.

They finished right as the first rain began to fall.

The next few days don't look so good:

Winter Storm Watch for Northern Foot Hills, South Dakota

From 9:00pm MDT, Wed Apr 1 until 6:00am MDT, Fri Apr 3

Action Recommended: Make preparations per the instructions

Issued by: Rapid City - SD, US, National Weather Service,

Advanced issue found

...WINTER STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM WEDNESDAY EVENING THROUGH LATE THURSDAY NIGHT... * WHAT...HEAVY SNOW POSSIBLE. TOTAL SNOW ACCUMULATIONS OF 4 TO 7 INCHES POSSIBLE. * WHERE...THE NORTHERN FOOT HILLS AND THE STURGIS/PIEDMONT FOOTHILLS. * WHEN...FROM WEDNESDAY EVENING THROUGH LATE THURSDAY NIGHT. * IMPACTS...TRAVEL COULD BE VERY DIFFICULT. * ADDITIONAL DETAILS...THE PRECIPITATION WILL BEGIN AS RAIN, THEN WILL CHANGE OVER TO SNOW ON WEDNESDAY EVENING. NORTHWEST WINDS OF 15 TO 25 MPH ARE EXPECTED. PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS... A WINTER STORM WATCH MEANS HEAVY SNOW, STRONG WINDS, FREEZING PRECIPITATION, AND COLD TEMPERATURES ARE POSSIBLE. MONITOR NOAA WEATHER RADIO, LOCAL RADIO OR TELEVISION, OR THE INTERNET FOR UPDATES ON THIS POTENTIALLY DANGEROUS STORM. TAKE TIME TO PREPARE FOR SEVERE WINTER CONDITIONS BEFORE THE STORM DEVELOPS. &&

More Information

.A STRONG WINTER STORM WILL MOVE INTO THE REGION LATE WEDNESDAY. RAIN WILL CHANGE OVER TO SNOW ON WEDNESDAY NIGHT AS COLDER AIR MOVES INTO THE AREA. AREAS OF HEAVY SNOW ARE POSSIBLE IN A WEST TO EAST BAND EXTENDING FROM NORTHEASTERN WYOMING, ACROSS THE BLACK HILLS AND INTO NORTHWESTERN SOUTH DAKOTA. A WINTRY MIX OF PRECIPITATION IS EXPECTED OVER SOUTH CENTRAL SOUTH DAKOTA. THE SNOW WILL END FROM WEST TO EAST ON THURSDAY NIGHT.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Brad Eden

• Samuel Hoggson

• bigjohnsd

• max2

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If we ever had any weather I couldn't hand with the snowblower, I have an Ace in the hole.

-17 this morning and calling for -20 tonight. And being the caring husband I am I will go start the wife’s car to warm it up 20 minutes before she leaves for work. 😉

65F here in Western South Dakota today, I can't remember the last time I went for a motorcycle ride in February. I rode about 100 miles stopped for lunch and finished up with this great piece of

Posted Images

Birdcountry70

Saturday was sunny and 61. Went for a motorcycle ride. This morning woke to 9 degrees and 4" of new snow. It only made it up to 14 degrees today so not melting.  Springtime=April fools. 

20200401_154603.jpg

bigjohnsd

12F Light Snow, 15 mph NW wind, 6" on the ground, it is headed your ways Boyz!

March was a warm one.  Today is literally perfect.  75 with low humidity.  Slight breeze and a cloudless sky.  We need rain desperately though.  Only a trace in March.

About 5” behind average for the year. 

7E3B590F-5501-4CE2-83AC-968F1F1A186E.jpeg

Samuel Hoggson

Say a guy went ahead and removed the blower from the tractor today.  Just hypothetically.  Would he get banned or something like that.

Asking for a friend...........

dogrunner
1 minute ago, Samuel Hoggson said:

Say a guy went ahead and removed the blower from the tractor today.  Just hypothetically.  Would he get banned or something like that.

I hope not because I’m changing the oil and putting mine to bed for now. 

DEA78A8C-36C0-4EEF-AE89-588CC0B48F80.jpeg

Natty Bumpo
6 minutes ago, Samuel Hoggson said:

I just HOPE and PRAY THIS IS NOT A BIG PILE OF BAD JU-JU..............

We have lived in "Lake Effect Central" Michigan for 20+ years. Two of the biggest and worst storms we've seen happened in the middle of April. The last in 2018 when we had a three day blizzard yielding 20+ inches of snow/sleet/ice and freezing rain all on top of each other. I spent a couple of days getting neighbors drives etc cleared out of that mess.

I service and put my SB into storage on May 1, and not before.:ph34r:

Brad Eden

Warning to my fellow Maine resident Samuel H...I’m heading out to siphon out my snowblower tank, and run it dry and store it in the shed. My wife says we won’t be getting any more snowthrowable snow. I really shouldn’t listen to her. She’s wrong about these type things, quite a lot...

Brad Eden
2 hours ago, Brad Eden said:

Warning to my fellow Maine resident Samuel H...I’m heading out to siphon out my snowblower tank, and run it dry and store it in the shed. My wife says we won’t be getting any more snowthrowable snow. I really shouldn’t listen to her. She’s wrong about these type things, quite a lot...

Done. Bring on the snow.

Samuel Hoggson
7 minutes ago, Brad Eden said:

Done. Bring on the snow.

There's consolation knowing the blame will be shared. 

Birdcountry70
7 minutes ago, Brad Eden said:

Done. Bring on the snow.

It's snowing here in northern MT right now and the ground is mostly still covered from the storm 3 weeks ago. This is the time of year when I get really grumpy when mother nature refuses to let springtime show up. Thoughts of spring Turkey and black bear seasons have me getting antsy to get outdoors. After all these years I should know better. 

Earlier today I was watching the news and they highlighted a woman in Northern Maine taking grocery's to older folks with her Dog sled . Pretty cool ! The olden days  -  Movies & such would be about Sleds & dog quite often. 

Alaskan Swamp Collie
8 hours ago, Brad Eden said:

Done. Bring on the snow.

Just finished plowing my drive again. I think I will just leave the plow on year round. The only other use for that truck is to haul the skiff to go fishing. I would need dynamite and a jackhammer to get the boat out of storage now.

Brad Eden

Spring is springin up all over mid Maine...and now 8-12” of snow forecast for Wednesday into Thursday. You can’t make this stuff up.

Samuel Hoggson
3 hours ago, Brad Eden said:

...and now 8-12” of snow forecast for Wednesday into Thursday. You can’t make this stuff up.

Didn't moved the tractor, so blower would go back on easy.  Dunno.  Guess I screwed up.

Probably too late to change the forecast.  Better just push it.