Annual 2019/2020 Weather Check Topic

Brad Eden

My daughter in Manchester NH, texted me yesterday they were looking at snow. Can’t believe we were spared further north.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Brad Eden

• Samuel Hoggson

• bigjohnsd

• max2

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If we ever had any weather I couldn't hand with the snowblower, I have an Ace in the hole.

-17 this morning and calling for -20 tonight. And being the caring husband I am I will go start the wife’s car to warm it up 20 minutes before she leaves for work. 😉

65F here in Western South Dakota today, I can't remember the last time I went for a motorcycle ride in February. I rode about 100 miles stopped for lunch and finished up with this great piece of

Posted Images

Samuel Hoggson

The last blast created enough cleanup work to keep busy till about August.  About the only upside is no lack of firewood. 

We tackled just grounds around the house/orchard last three days.  Finish fell, buck, chip.  Leaves loading burnable in the barn and tossing garbage wood pieces.  Maybe it is a good thing our son is still here.

boxelderprocessing4_20.thumb.JPG.f0bf9247aae94bb4a9d0fbcba87ee4df.JPG

boxelderchips4_20.thumb.JPG.70e10c8d717e4d0c3977fff43a1234cf.JPG

Another first.  Detaching blower - attaching the chipper on the same day.  

If we get another heavy snow dump think we'll just chip it. 

Brad Eden
2 hours ago, Samuel Hoggson said:

The last blast created enough cleanup work to keep busy till about August.  About the only upside is no lack of firewood. 

We tackled just grounds around the house/orchard last three days.  Finish fell, buck, chip.  Leaves loading burnable in the barn and tossing garbage wood pieces.  Maybe it is a good thing our son is still here.

Another first.  Detaching blower - attaching the chipper on the same day.  

If we get another heavy snow dump think we'll just chip it. 

Im heading back out momentarily to take down some hangers. I have piles of branches and tree trunks scattered around the property. I’m saving some of the good stuff to use as camp firewood. I’ll be bucketing and dragging to a central spot the next few days. A buddy is coming over mid to late next week with his big chipper. Never have had this much tree damage and cleanup since we moved here in 2014.

We had 8" of wet heavy snow yesterday morning. Nearly all of it is gone now, except in the shaded areas.  

Who remembers in the old movies when the cast would be in a cabin or in the cabin of a boat and there is supposed to be a storm outside. Every thing is calm inside and then as soon as the people open a door to head out it's just a blow'n  ?

.......... That's kinda like how it was here this morning outside  at 5 for first potty break of the the day. Little guy didn't even want to be out there. Did his poop & pee and headed for the house . At the front door he kind of scrunched up looking at the door like " hurry up it's frigg'n cold out here "  As soon as he came in he went immediately to the base board heat placed half his body on top of baseboard and firmly planted other two feet on the kitchen floor. Made me smile 😁

Blowing snow and nasty out there currently  9:22 AM  

• 2 weeks later...

Blame me folks ! The other day it was in the 70's and I put the snow shovel away. The poor apple tree's !  Possible snow in my forecast later in the week . This is the problem as I see it when one opens up the area around the wild apple trees. Though they love the nice weather and seem to thrive I think there is something to be said for a canopy above that protects them to some degree.

Time will tell !

Some of the Northern counties here had snow cover yesterday. Forecast is for chance again tomorrow. My apple tree is full of beautiful blossoms and we have freeze and frost warnings the next couple nights.

Big Al

Our high for the day is only mid 70s.  That is unheard of in May.  Weatherman said to enjoy it because it ain't lasting. 

I usually leave for Montana in late May.  So I miss most of the infamous Florida heat and humidity.

6 hours ago, GuyO said:

Some of the Northern counties here had snow cover yesterday. Forecast is for chance again tomorrow. My apple tree is full of beautiful blossoms and we have freeze and frost warnings the next couple nights.

Guy - I just saw on the local news this morning that if you have the flower going on you should be ok - now  the tricky part the apple expert claims is when they are at the earliest stage as he called it the pink stage.Just starting to bud . If you have the bloom they can handle a lot more. Fingers crossed ! 

Dick Sellers

Woke up to 6" of snow this morning.  I put the snow blower away last week, but I'm sure most of the new snow will be gone by the time I need to go anywhere..

Natty Bumpo

Strong snow squalls all morning in the NW Lower corner. Maybe will get an inch of actual snow or so. Cherry buds are out on some trees and farmers are deploying their frost/freeze machinery as below normal temps at night are forecast for the next week or so.

Brad Eden

3” plus or minus snow tomorrow here in mid Maine, with wind and rain etc., etc.

UplandHntr

Really getting sick of this cold weather. Hard frost again last night and only in the 40’s today. Is this one of these years we go from cold to summer

within a week?

bigjohnsd

Light snow on my lawn at 0600, melted now but strong NWS wind at 30mph gusting to 50.

Looking for some "May Flowers"

UplandHntr

What a miserable day.

Rain, windy and low 40’s all day. Then it changed to snow for a few hours. Soo sick of this.