Annual 2019/2020 Weather Check Topic

Just now, Brad Eden said:

5-8 inches of snow expected starting tonite through morning. I’m gonna tackle it with shovels, snowblower and tractor. Plow is staying on the ground.

The good lord brought it. I'm going to let him take it away.🌞

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Brad Eden

• Samuel Hoggson

• bigjohnsd

• max2

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If we ever had any weather I couldn't hand with the snowblower, I have an Ace in the hole.

-17 this morning and calling for -20 tonight. And being the caring husband I am I will go start the wife’s car to warm it up 20 minutes before she leaves for work. 😉

65F here in Western South Dakota today, I can't remember the last time I went for a motorcycle ride in February. I rode about 100 miles stopped for lunch and finished up with this great piece of

Posted Images

Brad Eden

Frickin Hoggson must of detached his rear snowblower from his JD tractor...

Couple inches last night and still coming down. Good thing I took my snows off this weekend.......😒

Samuel Hoggson
2 hours ago, Brad Eden said:

Frickin Hoggson must of detached his rear snowblower from his JD tractor...

dontblameme.thumb.JPG.e1a4b13fb6ed44144e9234fad77edbe9.JPG

Though I take satisfaction in knowing we're s'posed to get 2-3".  About which I will do exactly zip, zero, nada.

Sometimes it pays to be on this side of I-95.   

Birdcountry70

We made it to 57 degrees today. I took the opportunity to do a little gravel road blastin on the old Suzuki. I can now say that I have ridden it at least once every month this winter. Unheard of for northern Montana. 

IMG_20200323_181158558_HDR.jpg

Alaskan Swamp Collie

We got above freezing for 2 days in a row now(mid 30's) supposed to have a couple more nice days, than back to snow and single digits on the weekend. Read where 49 states had above normal temps for the month of Feb, one was way below normal. Won't see me buying any lottery tickets.

Brad Eden

4133C22B-CA11-46B7-8C8A-405C7BD3238A.jpeg

This 8” of wet heavy snow oughta be fun to move around this morning. Maine never lets you down, so you can never let down your guard until Mid May... Never put plow on truck, but with soft ground it would have been like gravel grading anyhow. I’ll see if the snow thrower can handle some of it, and will take chains off tractor and get to it during the day. Should have taken off chains already....chains on tires are not nice to soft gravel driveways and soggy lawns. Warming up to high 40’s so there will be a lot of melting going on.

Samuel Hoggson

I have no idea what the kid's stuff tastes like, but I do listen to Brad before detaching implements.

Cuz 2.5" projection can become 7" of toothpaste around here.

snowcorona1.thumb.jpeg.4dcc65fef11e9602590dd29944fa5613.jpeg 

Brad Eden

D15C285C-002B-442C-9C88-502C965A51BA.jpeg

Lil Brutis the Kubota sub compact might be considered a “toy tractor”, but damn does it get the job done, just a little slower.  Left the chains on and they didnt dig up the driveway much at all. And this Cub Cadet 3 stage snowblower really did it’s job puking up and flinging the Toothpaste...as  Samuel has coined (I should have had JoAnn take a photo...I wear the same exact ratty coveralls as Samuel for snow work) . Plow stayed grounded. 

38AF6BFF-A371-4B28-AA7F-BD7F328AF6EC.jpeg

Sure is purty, and even more so since it’s melting as I type this. Both dogs love the snow.

Dave in Maine

Six inches here in Portland, melting quick.  A lot of smaller branches knocked off trees.

Spiller

I am not shoveling...I'm just too lazy...I had some stuff to take care of early this morning so I just pushed the snow off the Taco, put her in 4 wheel drive and ran it out where the plow from the street had piled it up...all the streets are without snow but they are wet so I barely needed the 4 wheel drive to blast through where the plow  piled it up  at the end of the drive anyway.. There is less now then when I left at 7am.   I quesstimate we got 6 to7" and it's already melted an inch or two...It is gonna freeze tonight but  I'm gonna do nothing and see how it pans out, even if it ices up it'll melt tomorrow...it's like Kramer running the the new car test drive with the gas on MT.....

bigjohnsd

34F, no wind, Fog and periodic light snow which isn't sticking.  

Roads could be Sh** by this evening if the temperature drops another two degrees.

Weekend looks like mid 50's

Brad Eden

9F85A5E8-AB8F-4307-928B-3BE906182218.jpeg

March 30, 2020 

Mouse sized snowflakes off and on all day resulted in 5-6” of snow. Should melt off fast. Typical Maine spring. Raking leaves and doing yard cleanup, and prepping garden areas one day, shoveling snow the next.

Kansas Big Dog

Been in the upper 60's here in NE KS. Water is still a little chilly for fishing and srooms have not popped yet.