• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tut

• Virgil Kane

• Natty Bumpo

• Marc Ret

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mentioned that last year the owner put the farm up for sale in Va last spring, because he had moved his primary residence to Florida.  Well, he is asking for a pile of money and thankfully for me (not

Last one.  That's my little custom Mannlicher in .257 Roberts.  Best looking and best shooting gun I've ever owned.  Built for me by Dan Rossiter.

Posted Images

Nice buck ! Even nicer rifle !

Is that 257 Bob built on a short Remington action?

Virgil

sharptail grouse
15 hours ago, tut said:

Last one.  That's my little custom Mannlicher in .257 Roberts.  Best looking and best shooting gun I've ever owned.  Built for me by Dan Rossiter.

20191118_092012.jpg

Thats a sweet whitetail rifle!

Never fall in love with a piece of real estate you do not have an owned equity in.  I've lost too many leases and had too many timber companies commence cutting on too many opening days...SelbyLowndes

3 hours ago, Virgil Kane said:

Nice buck ! Even nicer rifle !

Is that 257 Bob built on a short Remington action?

Virgil

It started life as a Remington Custom Shop Mannlicher Model 7 with laminated stock.  In addition to restocking, it got a Winchester 3 position style safety installed.  New Metal Floor plate, Steel buttplate with spur, Talley rings with everything case color hardened.  Also was engraved by Dan Rossiter's brother who is pretty darn good.  Finally topped off with a Swarovski 3x9x36mm.  It is an honest 3/4" gun all day long.  PS.  I shoot Hornady ammo out of it 117 grain. 

8 minutes ago, SelbyLowndes said:

Never fall in love with a piece of real estate you do not have an owned equity in.  I've lost too many leases and had too many timber companies commence cutting on too many opening days...SelbyLowndes

After 15 years straight you think it is going to last forever.  Lots of good memories there indeed. 

3 hours ago, tut said:

It started life as a Remington Custom Shop Mannlicher Model 7 with laminated stock.  In addition to restocking, it got a Winchester 3 position style safety installed.  New Metal Floor plate, Steel buttplate with spur, Talley rings with everything case color hardened.  Also was engraved by Dan Rossiter's brother who is pretty darn good.  Finally topped off with a Swarovski 3x9x36mm.  It is an honest 3/4" gun all day long.  PS.  I shoot Hornady ammo out of it 117 grain. 

Thanks for the info.  I have a Remington short action just dying to be re barreled. I thought about the 358 Winchester but the 257 Bob always intrigued me to. Decisions decisions and after seeing your rifle it's making it even harder. LOL

Virgil   

That's a Dandy, anywhere TUT. Congrats.  Glad you got one more year and that buck too. 

However, if that farm is priced well above fair market value, it may stay on the market for a very long time.

10 hours ago, Natty Bumpo said:

That's a Dandy, anywhere TUT. Congrats.  Glad you got one more year and that buck too. 

However, if that farm is priced well above fair market value, it may stay on the market for a very long time.

IMO its priced high.  He dropped the price recently by 150K, but that's a drop in the bucket as the new price is 1.6 M.  Lots of land, but I'm thinking most of it won't perk and a lot of it is nothing but rock.  It is perfect for what it is.  Nice big modern farmhouse, with outbuildings and barn and 255 acres of really good hunting land.   I'm hoping now I can sneak another turkey season out of it.   

PS.  The owner told me last week, that he was told that the average time for a farm of this size to be on the market is roughly 3 years.  He's in no rush to sell from what I've seen.  No one has looked at the property in 3 months, but now that he dropped the price a tad someone new may discover it.