REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
topdog1961

Jeep Liberty ?

Greg Hartman
On 11/21/2019 at 3:19 PM, Dogwood said:

You're gettin' soft Greg. You always used to refer to it as your "POS Jeep".

Trying to be "fair and balanced"....

Greg Hartman
18 hours ago, grouse28 said:

Jeeps do not make good patterning boards. Ford Rangers are much better.😇

Jeopardy question:  Gray, with four wheels and bullet holes

Jeopardy answer:  What is Hartman's truck?

Joel S.

I have an '06. It really gets a workout. Towing, 4 wheeling over rocky 2-tracks, 4 wheeling snow in the salt belt, even stop-n-go city driving. It's a serious 4WD, kinda truck-like in build and ride. I have a rare manual transmission, only available on Wranglers now, and it's still fun to drive. Compared to something like a Rav4, there is no comparison. It's a Jeep,  has high ground clearance, skid plates (more than a few times I've bounced off a boulder), tight turning radius, great driver visibility, 16" wheels and a full size spare mounted easy to get at on the rear gate. The body is rust free despite the salt. It tows a loaded double enclosed snowmobile trailer at 70 mph for hours.

I haven't had window or heater problems, but like most 14 year old vehicles plenty of other stuff to go wrong. I have dumped some money lately into the drive train, but as i said it gets a workout. Parts my mechanic says are "worn out". But I haven't had a car payment in 6 years so I'm keeping it going for now.

Bottom line they are plentiful and cheap on the used market. Parts and service readily available. I wouldn't get one for a daily driver but for a knock-around sportsman's vehicle they are hard to beat.

blanked

what kind of 4x4 we talking here?   front and rear lockers?

mcgreg

2011 liberty here, and a long time jeep owner of many models. This on has 150k on so far and has been the most reliable to date of any jeeps-or any other vehicles i have owned. Aside of normal mait items like brk pads, the only out of ordinary items had to replace are:

a) water pump seal weeped at 100k

b) transmission oil pan rusty but not leaking 120k

Thats it, never a prob with heater core.

Good luck!