Hey Michiganer’s

I gotta tell ya, this song has been peppering my brain this summer.  It’s getting serious radio play around here, and when I hear it I’m 17 again….   :blush:

All Summer Long (click on #3 "All Summer Long")

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Matt Crawford

• Roost em 1st

• Rugerdog

• Popple Pusher

Chris Raymond

Uppie--I've been playing that song non-stop for a couple of weeks now.  The sand bar he mentions, if I'm correct, is fairly well known and visited and is on one of the lakes close by where I used to live.

As you can tell from the song, Northern MI in general is a place and feeling that are dear to many hearts around here.  The dates are relatively unimportant and the places, while special, are generic as I'm sure it's the same in many other regions.  That song helps all of us tie into our own special places and memories that we have of our youth or of our dreams.

Strangely enough, I've heard he's catching a bit of heat from his die-hard fans for crossing more into a rock 'n roll/country genre with that song.  Even though that's not the type of music I typically prefer, I wish he would do more...love the song.

Roost em 1st

couldn't get Uppies to play, didn't see CR's.

It does conjure up summers from long ago. 89 was the beginning of my endless summer, our weekend haunt was Myrtle Beach though.

couldn't get Uppies to play, didn't see CR's.

It does conjure up summers from long ago. 89 was the beginning of my endless summer, our weekend haunt was Myrtle Beach though.

I wish I was a rock star. And if those girls are real Michiganers, I wish I lived in Michigan.

Ted

Yeah!  Great song.  Reminds me of the summer I spent working on Mackinaw Island - Bob Dillon provided the theme music though.

Even Ruff likes the music -  :O

(ah - roooooooo...)

NIK_2434-2.jpg

Chris Raymond
in Michigan everyone has a stripper pole on their boat.

-Jeff

The houseboat was what clued me in that might not have been filmed in MI.  Can't say those are all that popular up here...or at least on the waters that I've fished over the last 35 or so years.

Scott's correct, I think I remember hearing that it was filmed on Old Hickory Res in TN.

I looked but couldn't find that old thread from the Mi. board.

It had a link to the ad they published looking for the strippers errrrrrrr...... I mean dancers. The job paid $600 a day.

Old Hickory lake, Tenn. held the world record for Walleye 25 pounds. It was later disqualified for lack of good documentation. Where do you order those brass poles for the boat again.

Yeah, the song reminds me of when I was 17 too.....well, except for the girls part.

As for the houseboat, I have a nephew who has been there, done that, at least he says.  He has a friend who made a bundle in mining and who owns a huge party houseboat, plus a high dollar strip club.  He says it gives a whole new meaning to having your buddy invite you to go boating.