• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Matt Crawford

• Roost em 1st

• Rugerdog

• Popple Pusher

I went running at lunch and stretched afterwards by the spinning class.  A song I hadn't heard in years played...Wind Beneath My Wings.  Cereally.
Matt Crawford

Speaking of cooked poultry, music and somebody named Cass makes me think of this:

1019_bio_homepage_main.jpg

She did not go to spinning class.

While I can honestly say I've never smoked funny stuff.  I don't care for the verse.    Snoop Dogg's Gin and Juice is an excellent example. Raps about how bubonic chronic making him choke is an excellent line.
Steelheadfred

For the record when I used to fish back in my formative days I fished a lake in lower northern Michigan between Black and Mullett. You could catch walleyes from a dock.....not our dock but their was one on the lake that protruded out near the end of a dropoff where the lake narrowed.

Wasn't Bob's dad a well to do car salesman in the metro Detroit area?

Caught all kinds of Walleyes off a dock on Lake Charleviox in the South Arm as a kid.

I am a big fan of Kid Rock, I like his music, I like his talent and I like this song. The guy can really sign IMO, and this Album is by far his best IMO....it now occupies the #1 slot in my six disc changer. "Rock-n-Roll Jesus"

He reminds me of a guy my dad went to High School with "Bob Seagar"

L. Gallagher

Grush is talking about Burt Lake, lots of walleyes, same Charlevoix, but haven't heard anything lately. Both are miles from here. Here in Antrim, we used to be able to do that on Six Mile,which is right down the road from Charlevoix, but it's not being stocked anymore, neither are either of the other two. So much for dock fishing.

My point was that, if he's talking about Torch Lake, he was wrong about catching walleyes off the dock there. I don't expect he did much fishing.

At work yesterday, my graphics person showed me a real estate site with Kid's northern Michigan "cabin" which is for sale.

Only 4.9 million and it looks like it's never been occupied-at least, not by Kid and his buddies. It wasn't trashed at all. Has a nice long dock, right on Torch Lake, where he can catch all the minnows he wants while staring right across the lake at the sandbar. He performed at Boyne Mountain Saturday, maybe he was there then. Who knows. Who cares.

Steelheadfred

Linda,

Have you listened to this latest CD?

I think if you gave it a chance, you would not be disapointed, there are a few songs you might not like but that is the case with any album.

This latest Album is a mix of rock-n-country, he can really sign. At his shows he plays every instrument on stage.

L. Gallagher

Yes, I've heard it, Fritz. It's all over the radio here, too, just as it is in TC.

I have no use for any of the celebrities that northwestern lower Michigan doesn't really need...Kid Rock...Madonna...Tim Allen and his problems...Michael Moore...Ted Nugent...yecch.

We ALMOST had Charlton Heston, but he preferred Lake St. Helen, 150 miles south.

Maybe Kid could donate some of the millions he makes on the song to some of the organizations struggling to keep Torch Lake clean and pristine.

no houseboat, Matt, that was in Tennessee or Kentucky or somewhere...in fact, two boat hoists with nothing on either. Don't know about the girls, I'm sure there's plenty out on the sandbar every weekend that would accomodate him.

Steelheadfred

Yes, I've heard it, Fritz. It's all over the radio here, too, just as it is in TC.

I have no use for any of the celebrities that northwestern lower Michigan doesn't really need...Kid Rock...Madonna...Tim Allen and his problems...Michael Moore...Ted Nugent...yecch.

Linda,

The whole CD ? not just that song? some pretty good rock-n-roll with a country flavor on it.

Also Linda, you say you dont have a need for these celebrities that come to our community, but Mondona and "Traverse City" were featured on "E" news last night, that is pretty darn good for our area. We are a service industry as you know, and we need all the money we can get in these communities. I am pretty sure the 12k people that saw Kid Rock at Boyne Saturday night at 41 a ticket, thats 492,000 into Northern Michigan that would not have had, does not include hotel rooms, cabin rentals, gas food, ect that was spent in the area.

I dont like Michael Moore, but I can appreciate what he is doing for our community with the film festival, it is a major success.

Not sure how some folks in this great area can complain about tourist, when it writes their pay checks.

...Not sure how some folks in this great area can complain about tourist, when it writes their pay checks.

Well, that answers my previous question on this Topic. Michiganders are a lot like Mainers. :laugh: