Hey Michiganer’s

bennelli-banger
Anyone here watch SNL over the past few years?  Ever catch "Debbie Downer"?  Funny stuff...very funny stuff.  There are at least a few "Debbie Downers" who frequent this BB.

I don't watch TV, for the simple reason that it's brainless, mindless chatter which has spurred an obesity epidemic and curtailed creativity in this country, and thus, has allowed countries like Japan, Germany (and much of the EU) to surpass us as the world's leading superpower.  TV has also glorified violence against women, furthered stereotyping of certain social classes and allows multi-national corporations that worship only at the alter of profit to further exploit the average American (now fatter and dumber than previous generations). In addition, many of today's TVs are being built in China, where working conditions are often marginal and environmental responsibility is simply a joke. So while, I totally understand that it's now considered rapier wit to reference popular television as a touchstone of American culture, I can't "go there" with you. Sorry.

no problem, matt...way to go.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Matt Crawford

• Roost em 1st

• Rugerdog

• Popple Pusher

Anyone here watch SNL over the past few years?  Ever catch "Debbie Downer"?  Funny stuff...very funny stuff.  There are at least a few "Debbie Downers" who frequent this BB.

I don't watch TV, for the simple reason that it's brainless, mindless chatter which has spurred an obesity epidemic and curtailed creativity in this country, and thus, has allowed countries like Japan, Germany (and much of the EU) to surpass us as the world's leading superpower.  TV has also glorified violence against women, furthered stereotyping of certain social classes and allows multi-national corporations that worship only at the alter of profit to further exploit the average American (now fatter and dumber than previous generations). In addition, many of today's TVs are being built in China, where working conditions are often marginal and environmental responsibility is simply a joke. So while, I totally understand that it's now considered rapier wit to reference popular television as a touchstone of American culture, I can't "go there" with you. Sorry.

I feel the same way about newspapers.

Even the Sunday funnies?

Man, you are a downer.

I do find one column fairly amusing in the local paper.

I think what papers need to do is add emoticons.......more people would read them......just a thought.

just a thought.

Hey, hey - on Aug. 7, even.

You're well ahead of last year's pace.

I try to stay one ahead of the other guy.