2 litter mate English setters up for adoption

My DIL and son just sent this to me.  Two litter mates, one year old, male and female are up for adoption at the Illinois Birddog Rescue 

https://www.facebook.com/ILbirddog/?__tn__=%2Cd%2CP-R&eid=ARDEcD9GO6AmtBQPrJL322uvJbC6xXYHmn-xcdzivvUde3RP3h31gTX52kI6WXWFlw6wMypSilBqgdgv

FB_IMG_1575757981483.thumb.jpg.9d3a81c65d0583cc1328023661c2f30b.jpgFB_IMG_1575757987702.thumb.jpg.5ee02745582f4c037d08e13c7f1904b9.jpg

Image may contain: dog, outdoor and nature

Image may contain: dog and outdoor

I have no affiliation with this group and don't know their requirements for adoption.  Also don't know if these dogs hunt but they are good looking English Setters that could use a home.

The female looks like a gentle dog with some mischief in her and the male looks like he could have some serious hunt in him.  Looks are deceiving but this pair just might make someones day in the field.

Virgil

You are correct but the site does say they do allow these dogs to go to hunting homes.  From what I understand they check them to see if they are gun shy (not sure how they do it) and if they are gun shy they direct them to non-hunting homes.  If they are not gun shy then hunting homes are fine.  This along with a few others that actually do let these dogs go to hunting homes.

if I didn't have 2 already I would be taking a serious look at these setters. The males coloration on his face is exactly the same as my FB Beau that I had to put down last year, eerie that they are so similar in looks.

Virgil

• 1 month later...