REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
blanked

E collars. Am i asking for too much

Hub
On 12/15/2019 at 12:14 PM, blanked said:

Collar and dog perform and react great in the close range like within 30 yards.  Dog starts pushing out like 100 yards have to crank up the intensity to get a reaction.

I would guess that you are having intermittent connectivity issues caused by range.  200 yards is poke with most collars.  Using the tone feature on my beeper collar showed me pretty quickly the actual range of my setup compared to the manufacturers claims.  The distance in no way affects the intensity of the correction that is being given though.  Cranking up intensity like you mention just shocks the heck out of the dog when it finally does connect.

Speaks

I had an issue with a garmin delta when they first came out where it would loose connection at surprisingly close ranges like 70-80 yards. Not fully but it would be spotty so the button may or may not cause a shock. That would be my guess of the issue. Honestly though I use correction so infrequently these days I might not notice for a long time if my equipment had an issue. 

blanked

Well I found that going with the 1 inch probes even for my shorthair dogs made a world of difference. Paid extra for them and glad I did.  Tried the 3/4 inch first.  It helped but not enough