2020 UJ Fly Swap

browndrake

Hey everybody, just two weeks left to join up.  If you know anybody else that may want to participate, let them know that the deadline is approaching.   I think I may throw an invite out into the general forum, or at least the fishing forum as it is likely that many people don't navigate into the subforums often.

Thanks

aaron

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• browndrake

• Keith

• Mike da Carpenter

• D. Case

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sent mine off today. Saw a video of a soft hackle streamer and liked it.   

I will re-up as well. I haven't decided what to tie, though. I need to come up with a nice juicy one. 🙂 Maybe a variant of this one....Hatches Emerger. Its a killing fly.

I'll tie a couple patterns,  my version of a 20 incher, which has both pheasant and Ruffed Grouse feathers and a bead head Woodcock and orange soft hackle which has really worked well for  me on both

Posted Images

Tomorrow the Fly Swap is officially closed and we have one month to get our flies tied add mailed out.

So, this is the last call to enter this year's swap.

Aaron,  Thank you for hosting the swap again!  I'm traveling around the deadline in March,  so sent my contribution out this a.m.

Looking forward to seeing everyone's flies. If anyone wants the pattern recipe I can add them to the group thread.

Thanks all, Dave Case

Fly Swap.jpg

They look amazing, as always.   Looking forward to throwing them this year.

Mike da Carpenter

Nick says he will get his collection tied up this weekend.

Here he is putting on the Meeting Night program for close to 150 members at our County Sportsman’s Club.  The “kid” has taken to this hobby like a fish to water (pun intended).

3DD650B6-BA09-4DE8-9D29-BCAF06A7A659.thumb.jpeg.a033f29d8f28a992f28317b97631140f.jpeg

Stopping by the post office today with my flies. The ones on the left are peacock soft hackles with a ruffed grouse collar. On the right is hare’s fur with Hun hackle.

EFE59B42-0FFD-4330-A916-F988ECEA5023.jpeg

Bird_Man_mike

Mine will mail tomorrow (or Monday if I dont get to the Post Office in time).  Finished last night.  I left them home this morning, meant to grab them to mail.  Ill try to take a pic before I mail.

Mike da Carpenter

Nick got his tied up last weekend, and his plan is to get them mailed out this weekend.  He also said that he would like to donate back to Brad and Upland Journal the “collection” that was to be mailed back to him for the Auction, or whatever B-rad decides to do with them.  Nick said that there have been so many members of UJ that have helped him along the way, that he would like to give back something.  

Bird_Man_mike

Have them to send today - didnt get into twon this weekend.  Sorry theyre a couple days late.

4 hours ago, Bird_Man_mike said:

Have them to send today - didnt get into twon this weekend.  Sorry theyre a couple days late.

No worries.  I may get stuck away from home for the next couple weeks d/t COVID19 protocols.  (Sitting in urgent care right now per our work protocol: Had low grade fever when I got to work, so was not allowed in.)

If so they won't get mailed out until the end of the month.

Mike da Carpenter

Can someone please PM me the address these flies need to be mailed to?  Nick has them all packaged up and ready to go, but we cannot find where to ship them to.