REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
WAGinVA

Tritronics G3 collar battery

WAGinVA

Anyone know where I can get batteries for a G3 collar???

WAGinVA

Thanks for the link Mike.  My collars are g3 EXP and the battery replacement is basically the bottom half of the receiver that is held on with two screws.  I have never changed the batteries, is the battery compartment "rebuildable"?

Mike Connally
1 hour ago, WAGinVA said:

Thanks for the link Mike.  My collars are g3 EXP and the battery replacement is basically the bottom half of the receiver that is held on with four screws.  I have never changed the batteries, is the battery compartment "rebuildable"?

No clue as to that. I’ve never used a TT collar. 

If that wont work just call the guys at Collar Clinic. 

snood

If my memory serves me right it's  a pretty easy switch. Just be careful with the gasket.

Webbster

Don't ask me why I have kept this.... But I guess it came in handy. I've replaced 2. If I can do it, anyone can. Collar clinic - $25. 

VSwO3Al.jpg

tut

I bought 2 of those batteries about two years ago.  Easy to replace.  However,  I can't see them listed anywhere now for sale now.  To me it looks like a sealed unit.   Not sure how one could get in there to replace them.

Here is what I think you need which shows as being discontinued:   http://www.gundogsonline.com/dog-training-collars/tritronics/tri-tronics-receiver-battery-g2g2-exp-g3-and-vb.html

This video shows what I replaced when I was able to find the replacements. 

WAGinVA

Thanks Tut, I am having the same problem locating a source......

WAGinVA

Well three strikes and I am apparently out!  Called Collar Clinic, Outdoor Dog Supply, and Gun Dog Supply, story from each was that Garmin quit producing those batteries about a year ago and each sold out about 8 months ago.  Collar Clinic did offer a trade in on my existing collars and transmitter.  Since Garmin will not support a relatively new training system I am apprehensive about purchasing a new Garmin system.  Does anyone have a suggestion for a training collar?  I am not interested in a combo as I am very satisfied with my Astro system.

DonT

https://www.lakecityfeeds.com/Garmin-Dog-Tracking.html

I have been told that these guy's still rebuild the EXP Tri Tronics collar batteries.    Or buy a used collar from ebay.     I have a working EXP collar I could loan you until you get it sorted out.

Try Lion Country in PA,  they would be the kind of place that can't keep track of inventory and might find something on a shelf. 

If I was to buy a new training collar-    Dogtra Edge RT      But I like the low, med, high for both nick and continues button set up and with my thumb i could move the intensity dial up or down 1 number all without taking my eyes off the dog.  I borrowed and use this unit for a few weeks of training last summer.  

rich223

I have the same collar tried to replace the battery last summer and was by told every source I tried including Garmin that it’s no longer available.

bobman

I wonder if that battery renew technique I posted in that other thread would work on these?

paul frey
On 12/22/2019 at 3:43 PM, WAGinVA said:

Thanks for the link Mike.  My collars are g3 EXP and the battery replacement is basically the bottom half of the receiver that is held on with two screws.  I have never changed the batteries, is the battery compartment "rebuildable"?

I’ve looked everywhere for them and was unable to find any. Just by chance I was talking with my brother in law over thanksgiving and he had a couple of batteries so I was able to make two collars. Maybe check eBay?