Jump to content

The Tesla of chainsaws.


topdog1961

Recommended Posts

Cool, looks to basically be the same saw as the Jonsered, which makes sense, I suppose since they are both Husqvarna companies.

 

Even almost the same model number and part number 

Jonsered is    CS16i Part number: 967701001

Poulan    is PSCS16i Part number: 967701101

 

Be willing to be a dozen donuts that the batteries swap

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • topdog1961

    18

  • erik meade

    8

  • dogrunner

    7

  • Dogwood

    4

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I commented in my Black Friday thread that I bought a Jonsered 58v electric chainsaw, mostly on impulse because it was half off at $150. I figured it would be good for small trim jobs around the house

Don't be a dozen donuts, Erik.  Don't ever be a dozen donuts.

Erik would definitely be a jelly doughnut 

Posted Images

Same saw, different color. I think they are all made by Husky and marketed under various names. You’ll like it. Let us know how it does. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, erik meade said:

Be willing to be a dozen donuts that the batteries swap

Don't be a dozen donuts, Erik.  Don't ever be a dozen donuts.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm convinced to get a pole saw I sorely need.  I can't find one even close to that price with a battery.  I think it would be the perfect for what I need. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...

My Tesla worked good for 10 minutes then it threw a chain.  It cut nice while it was running. 

5492E8AB-C2EC-4FC7-B618-F6CAF3B9B4B6.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, dogrunner said:

My Tesla worked good for 10 minutes then it threw a chain.  It cut nice while it was running. 

5492E8AB-C2EC-4FC7-B618-F6CAF3B9B4B6.jpeg

 

So what happened after that? Did you put it back on and keep sawing? I did check the tension on my chain regularly and had to tighten it a couple times. I assumed that was because it was new and needed breaking in. It was real easy since no tools are needed to tighten the chain. It never threw a chain, but I only used it once, for a good bit of cutting. 

 

I returned to the same tree last weekend to continue the job. This time I took both the 16 and 20 inch Stihl gas saws, both are late models and have very sharp chains. I figured they needed ran with some fresh gas in them because it has been awhile since I used them. No worry about that with the electric saw so I left it in the shed. After using the gas saws on the same tree, the electric saw definitely has more arse than the 16 inch gas saw, and I’d judge it about equal to the bigger one.  Not that day, but I’ve had both gas saws throw a chain if I let it get loose. That’s a PIA no matter what the power source. 

 

The battery for the Jonsered has sat for several weeks now and still shows a full charge. But in the interest of full disclosure, I store my batteries inside in the winter. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, dogrunner said:

My Tesla worked good for 10 minutes then it threw a chain.  It cut nice while it was running. 

5492E8AB-C2EC-4FC7-B618-F6CAF3B9B4B6.jpeg

 

Menards will give you a full refund I'm sure.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, C.J.L. said:

 

Menards will give you a full refund I'm sure.  

 

Menards is really good about refunds. It’s the only place I’ve been to, that if you’ve lost your receipt, you can go to a kiosk and print another. Provided you used a card for the purchase. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, topdog1961 said:

 

So what happened after that? Did you put it back on and keep sawing? I did check the tension on my chain regularly and had to tighten it a couple times. I assumed that was because it was new and needed breaking in. It was real easy since no tools are needed to tighten the chain. It never threw a chain, but I only used it once, for a good bit of cutting. 

 

I returned to the same tree last weekend to continue the job. This time I took both the 16 and 20 inch Stihl gas saws, both are late models and have very sharp chains. I figured they needed ran with some fresh gas in them because it has been awhile since I used them. No worry about that with the electric saw so I left it in the shed. After using the gas saws on the same tree, the electric saw definitely has more arse than the 16 inch gas saw, and I’d judge it about equal to the bigger one.  Not that day, but I’ve had both gas saws throw a chain if I let it get loose. That’s a PIA no matter what the power source. 

 

The battery for the Jonsered has sat for several weeks now and still shows a full charge. But in the interest of full disclosure, I store my batteries inside in the winter. 

I brought it up to the porch, took the cover and the bar off. Chain didn't go back on very easy, seemed like the groove was tight and the lugs were hard to get lined back up. Eventually it went back on, put it back together and made sure it worked.  Then pulled the battery and came inside to get Superbowl ready.  It did cut well and I don't have a lot of big jobs for it, so it will get a few more tries to redeem itself. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

Bought this Oregon a while back . It works better than I expected . What sold me was the built in sharpening feature . I'm lazy and this seemed like a good idea . I have a couple heavy duty gas saws so this is good for the truck and small odd jobs . 

IMG_1260.JPG

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...