REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
Mike da Carpenter

Alpha 100 and tt15 sync issue???

Mike da Carpenter

The last 3 times I have put the tt15 on Levi, the collar and handheld unit take a LONG time to sync, if ever.

I have not changed anything I do in my routine, which is...Take out collar, turn it on (yes it is charged); then turn on the handheld and give it about 1-2 minutes while I get my stuff on.  I then put the collar on Levi, press the “New Hunt” and go through the sequence to get to Levi’s collar, and there is no connection at all.  Usually after close to 5-6 minutes, it will sync up.  Today, I did the same scenario and for close to 40 minutes it did not sync, so I left both units turned on, put in the truck and drove the 22 miles home.  Got home and checked and they were synced up, and was showing distance of 8 miles traveled.  Every time, I have zero cover over me so connection to the satellites should not be an issue.

What seems to be the issue?  I’m charging both units to 100% right now, then plan to do the update by plugging into the laptop.  Does this seem like a waste of time, or does someone have a better suggestion to get them to sync up quicker?

Mike da Carpenter

Just did the update and once turned on (inside the house), the sync was almost instantaneous.  I have no idea if it was a fluke or not, but when I go to run Levi tomorrow, I will find out and report back.

WMassGriff

Like to know. I have never updated the collar cause I have an Apple and have just done the transmitter. Sometimes it does take a while to sync.

Mike da Carpenter

Just got back from a 4.7 mile run (Levi, NOT me).  Did my same routine as usual and the Alpha and tt15 synced up in less than a minute (probably less than than 30 seconds actually) and worked the entire time we were exploring the area.  

Don’t know if it was a fluke or if the update actually helped, but I do not believe that it hurt any.

While out in the fields, I did recalibrate the compass on the Alpha as it was not pointing in the correct direction anymore.  Now it is.

gunsrus

Mine usually takes 2-3 minutes . Once boots are on the ground I recalibrate and then sync while i get things ready , vest on , shells in the vest , water bottle and gun ready . By then it's synced .

There have been times i've had to wait for it but not long . I have updated both . 

john mcg

Its weird--sometimes it syncs up right away and other times, it takes a few.

I use it at the house several times a day to prevent Max having a cat meal.

Dang neighbors cats...they ought to be on a leash. Sorry for the digression.