REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
mccuha

Astro question

mccuha

I’ve been trying to figure this thing out. I want to adjust the notification on my Astro that lets me know dog is on point.  I was looking at it and it for some reason seems it takes a little bit for it to show dog on point maybe 30 sec to a min. I was thinking there are ways to adjust this

ScottGrush

Change the update rate to the shortest time possible. You do so at the cost of battery life but using Energizer lithiums I felt like the battery life was still very good with the old Astro 220. 

Curt

Scott is right, with the update set to it's shortest time you'll get the 'on point' notification in the least amount of time possible.  You can also select what type of notification you want as well, at least on the 430.  Tone, vibrate, tone & vibrate, are all possibilities.  I find battery life on the 430 using energizer AA lithium's to be pretty darned good.

GLS

The default update rate on the 320 is 5 seconds, but my old unit lags behind that time.  I also use bells on my dogs and when they stop ringing, I start looking.  I've found that the Duracell rechargeables last all day.  I recharge them after each day's hunt.  I keep an extra set in my pocket for just in case.  Only had to resort to them once.  I believe I left my Astro on overnight after recharging but I ditched that pair of rechargeable batteries to be on the safe side.  I had been using them for a handful of years.  Gil

airmedic1

The 320 has a 5 second update rate and the 430 can be set to 2.5 seconds.  It’s adjustable on both models to a longer time but I don’t know why you would set it for longer.  I have been pairing my Astro 430 to my Fenix 5X and my watch buzzes before the Astro. I use rechargeable batteries and they last a couple days.  I always replace them when they are showing half.

mccuha

Ok. Thanks.  Now tell me where I go on the unit to change this setting. I’ve looked but can’t find it