REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
Dakota Dogman

New rig

Dakota Dogman

Old Chevy Blazer bit the dust today. Not worth putting another dime into.

Was planning on replacing this spring anyway, this just a lot earlier than I planned. Only started looking today. We are mostly bottom feeders when it comes to cars, but so far what I am seeing close to my range...

Dodge 1500s with a Hemi in the 100k range

Toyota Tundra manual, under 100k

Chevy 1500 3 door

A couple of Toyota FJs...

Wisdom or warnings on any of the above?

God bless, 

Don Steese

I bought this one for 9K from a local guy. 75,000 on it when I picked it up. 5.7 Hemi. I like it a lot!20180513_143817.thumb.jpg.234be6c4fddcfe4c4a878ec7cc55b06a.jpg

Jalinkly

Anything other than a Toyota if over 100000 miles is second best, from your list.  Respectfully,  JMO. 

PaFlyfisher

Does it have to be a truck or truck based SUV?

dogrunner

Look at some Ford's. 

rideold

I have close to 270,000 on my 2002 Toyota.  It has the same V8 the first gen tundras do.  Pretty great motor.

martyg

A 4Runner will probably provide more useable space than FJ. Mine just cracked 260K. A pig to drive, but super reliable, if that is what you are after.

bobman

Without knowing the year ranges for each model you are considering  it’s an question without a possible knowledgeable answer

ccavacini

Tough to go wrong with a Toyota

Tim Frazier

I got my 2003 F150 from a guy who buys at auctions in Florida and it had zero corrosion...I mean zero.  This generation had limited slip differentials and you can fit 33's with no lift.  $6200 tax and title out the door with 108,000 miles.  Found the cap used and added tires and rims.

trk.thumb.jpg.f40ef2c867bee7ebf298fe70a12caa2b.jpg

Dakota Dogman

Thanks for input, and please keep it rolling.

As to Ford's, I just can't. When I was a kid all the people who drive Ford's ruined it for me. Now I have run my mouth against them (the people who drove them to school) enough that I couldn't... 

(Best friend is a die-hard Ford guy, I'd NEVER live it down!

Bobman, I have more of a problem and a limited cash supply than I do specific vehicles of interest.

Bede, that is a pretty high priority. We have a lot of winter up here and many new drivers coming up. Like a lot of rig around them. 

Don and Tim, sigh...that is the one thing I do like about the coasts. Rigs are so much cheaper out there. Example

Similar years and miles Toyotas

3 door Tacoma local $10900

4 door Tundra in Philly $6900!

4000$ for driving them in from the coast. It would almost pay to make a flying trip!

Thanks again and God bless,

atticus

I don't know much about vehicles but my '02 tundra went 335k.  Awesome and reliable. 

River19

Yota, but I wouldn't pay for a Tacoma with my own money......just too small and under powered for what I like.

All Toyotas are thirsty except the ones specifically made not to be (ie. hybrid  non-trucks)

Tundra with the 4.6 or 5.7L would be my call.....and you can get you money back out if need be.

That being said I also have a 2014 Ram 2500 with the 6.4L that has been flawless for 47K miles so far (knock on wood/extended 8yr warranty)

River19
4 minutes ago, atticus said:

I don't know much about vehicles but my '02 tundra went 335k.  Awesome and reliable. 

And my similar one I just sold at 250K and I know the guy is still driving it daily.......

So call that almost  600K + on 2 1Gens....

Plus I have another 150K on the 4.7L GX470 now.....

Such a great engine

WI Outdoor Nut
On ‎12‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 10:28 PM, Dakota Dogman said:

Old Chevy Blazer bit the dust today. Not worth putting another dime into.

Was planning on replacing this spring anyway, this just a lot earlier than I planned. Only started looking today. We are mostly bottom feeders when it comes to cars, but so far what I am seeing close to my range...

Dodge 1500s with a Hemi in the 100k range

Toyota Tundra manual, under 100k

Chevy 1500 3 door

A couple of Toyota FJs...

Wisdom or warnings on any of the above?

God bless, 

how much are you looking to spend?