REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
Dakota Dogman

New rig

Dakota Dogman

As little as possible for the best product I have ever bought?

$10k is going to be about top end for us right now. Perhaps a touch higher, but that is pretty much it.

Other thought is to go 1/2 that this year, save the rest and then next  year get something a bit nicer... don't know yet on that either.

Just know we need something. 

Found a Toyota Land Crusier w/ 220k for $4 w/ good tires and w/o the local MN rust.  That's already a LOT of miles, but I like the look...  😋

God Bless,

rideold
Just now, Dakota Dogman said:

As little as possible for the best product I have ever bought?

$10k is going to be about top end for us right now. Perhaps a touch higher, but that is pretty much it.

Other thought is to go 1/2 that this year, save the rest and then next  year get something a bit nicer... don't know yet on that either.

Just know we need something. 

Found a Toyota Land Crusier w/ 220k for $4 w/ good tires and w/o the local MN rust.  That's already a LOT of miles, but I like the look...  😋

God Bless,

Hard to beat a land cruiser....except the gas mileage.  I wouldn't hesitate on the miles if it checks out.  I have about 270k on my Sequoia and I have a friend that buys land cruisers at 250k and drives them to 350k before getting another.  There's going to be stuff that is worn out even with a beast like the land cruiser.  A lot of the cruisers ran the 4.7 liter v8 like my Sequoia.  That motor can have exhaust manifold cracks but if they go away after the motor is warm (like mine does) then it isn't much to worry about.  i.e. you can hear the ticking on startup but after a few minutes you can't.  By the way, that's a pretty killer price for a land cruiser.  I assume it is model 90?

Dakota Dogman

ad says FJ80...? not sure the differences

God bless,

rideold

Yep

20 minutes ago, Dakota Dogman said:

ad says FJ80...? not sure the differences

God bless,

Yep, sorry, I fat fingered the 80 as 90.  They're great vehicles.  Wikipedia has a pretty good summary on the different models and motors.