REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
MUSTANGER7

Beeper Collar which one do you use

MUSTANGER7

Wondering what the opinions are for a single dog beeper collar for a brittany. Have 12yrs experience with Dogtra 2002 if your were to get a new one which one would it be/why. Have problem with old ears hearing any of the three I have, even with hearing aids (can't hear them at all without) might just be worn out. Have Garmin GPS 220/DC40's and have beeper and GPS on same collar. Appreciate any thoughts.

tut

I like the Tone and simplistic nature of the Lovett's Add On beeper.  I run it on Grouse Point only mode, along with my Pro 550 plus.

WPG Gizmo

I run either a T&B 2002 when I Have both dogs out or a T&B 2000 for one they are set on point only.  I have hearing loss and the only beeper that works for me is one that rides high on the dog the under neck models I can not hear.  I also use a Astro 430 and a Fenix 3 when the dogs are out of beeper range for my hearing which is often the Fenix directs me in the proper direction until I can get close enough to hear them.

For me if I was to look at a new beeper it would have to be able to ride high on the dog.  For now it is easy to replace the batteries in the Dogtras and they work just fine.

terrym

My Brittany wears a DC40/Astro320 and a Dogtra 2500 T&B. I set it to only beep on point but it also has a locate beep if needed. 

ScottGrush

I love the Dogtra collar but dislike the beeper potion of it so I run a SportDog add on beeper on the same collar with the 2002T&B. 

The SportDog activates faster and at worst stays off to a side or best will ride on top as the dogtra collar works to counterweigh it. 

The beeper facing the ground never made much sense to me.