REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
john mcg

Which Full-sized truck?

max2
1 hour ago, blanked said:

Chevys  first to fall apart if you drive off road often.  

Bolderdash I say ! 😁    Mom's apple pie & Chevrolet !

I have owned a few Fords that I liked and two Tocoma's that were pretty darn good....

RookieEP

Waiting for the new Tundra to come out.  Rumor Hybrid engine-   We shall see..

Bullwinkle

I'm always the odd guy out.. but, if you guy are giving me a choice of a new pu I'd take the new Honda.

19 hours ago, Brad Eden said:

Maybe it's familiarity, but the cab ergonomics of Toyota trucks, big or small just seem to fit me. I feel awkward and out of place sitting in other brand trucks.

Agreed, look at ergonomics. Which are very subjective. 

GM builds a solid truck, that lots of people love and find comfortable. But for whatever reason, my 5-10 170# self can't get comfortable in one. 

10 hours ago, Bullwinkle said:

I'm always the odd guy out.. but, if you guy are giving me a choice of a new pu I'd take the new Honda.

Not a full size though. 

john mcg
8 minutes ago, NECarson said:

Agreed, look at ergonomics. Which are very subjective. 

GM builds a solid truck, that lots of people love and find comfortable. But for whatever reason, my 5-10 170# self can't get comfortable in one. 

For long multi-day drives, both Toni and I thought the Ford was very comfortable and rode like a nice car.

Then again, the GMs were also.

I'm definitely gonna check out a Dodge or two soon.

WI Outdoor Nut

Looking for a new truck as we speak.  I pull on a regular basis 6500#'s.  Having pulled with the 1/2 ton NA gas motors, to make power, they all need high RPM.  I have a 2012 F150 ecoboost and love the motor.  Overall this truck has been trouble free, minus the normal Midwest rust.  For a gas truck, it will be the ecoboost again.  I am also looking at the Duramax as an option and I have a source to get these in crew for under $50K. 

From a dog hauling rig, we easily get three medium crates inside the cab of the F150 with the flat floor.  Can get 4, but need to insert the 4th one through the front seats. 

Looking at prices, if one wants a truck but does not need the bigger motor in the fords, there are some great deals out there.  F150 Super Crew 4x4 with 2.7 eco for $35K.

https://www.hudsonford.com/new-Hudson+WI-2019-Ford-F+150-XL-1FTEW1EPXKKF03039

UplandHntr

why cant the major manufacturers figure out how to stop rust from salt etc?

Kre

You should be good with any brand that is a 3/4 or 1 ton, has an 8 foot box and 4 doors...if you really want a truck.

Dogwood
2 hours ago, UplandHntr said:

How about stop salting roads?  Plow with some sand and that's it.  Hate that sh*t.

Mike da Carpenter
2 hours ago, UplandHntr said:

John Delorian was trying, but his dream got squashed.

Natty Bumpo
14 hours ago, Bullwinkle said:

That new Honda is not a pickup truck. And we like Honda's, on our 3rd Pilot.

john mcg
3 hours ago, Kre said:

You should be good with any brand that is a 3/4 or 1 ton, has an 8 foot box and 4 doors...if you really want a truck.

Don't need a 'real truck' anymore. I will settle for a 'not really' truck with a 1/2 ton.

Unless of course one finds its way to making sense...in the real time.

🙂

Jacksdad
3 hours ago, UplandHntr said:

if I had to guess I'd say the EPA is behind it. 

gunsrus
1 hour ago, Dogwood said:

How about stop salting roads?  Plow with some sand and that's it.  Hate that sh*t.

I hate it also . i live on a quite street , no cut through , only neighbors , barely driven . Nothing pisses me more than when I look out and see a light coating of snow and then here come the salt trucks , again and again . That crap ruins my vehicles , destroys my concrete driveway and eats my lawn . I'll take my chances driving without it . 

Really , people can't drive in an inch of snow without salt ?    STAY HOME !!!

Especially see more when a mild snow season winds down and the municipality has left over money that has to go . Lets salt and use up that $$$$$ .