REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
john mcg

Which Full-sized truck?

john mcg
On 1/25/2020 at 6:18 PM, gunsrus said:

Nice John , good luck with it .

Thanks, Al. I took a long drive with young Max to the panhandle last weekend to chase quail. Had a great weekend, by the way.

🙂

The truck runs like a champ and so smooth. It feels great being in a truck again. I ordered a shell for it and it will be in at months end.

When I pulled back into the driveway, I was getting 25 MPG. That will improve once the cap is on.

Interesting factoid: the Ruff Intermediate won't quite fit through the back door, but I can easily orient the two front seats in such a way to drop it into the back through the front. I think a medium size would go right in as the intermediate is large by just and inch or so.

john mcg
On 1/25/2020 at 6:40 PM, UplandHntr said:

Good lookin rig. I like the steps. They look sturdy

Yup--they are after market and were expensive. THe local sales guy said so.

🙂

bobman
1 hour ago, max2 said:

Was on an over the road trip in an  2013 F-150 eco-boost it stated on the outside of the  pick-up pulling a trailer. 400 mile one way. We were getting 12mpg. 

I have a 2012 Chevy Silverado 1500 and I know from running a similar trip with a similar trailer I would get the same exact gas mileage.   I found this to be interesting . Almost identical. For my life I have been a Ford/Chevy for work trucks and Tacoma's for commuters .  

seems like every truck I’ve owned other than the diesels all get about 12 mpg pulling a trailer

bobman
1 hour ago, max2 said:

Was on an over the road trip in an  2013 F-150 eco-boost it stated on the outside of the  pick-up pulling a trailer. 400 mile one way. We were getting 12mpg. 

I have a 2012 Chevy Silverado 1500 and I know from running a similar trip with a similar trailer I would get the same exact gas mileage.   I found this to be interesting . Almost identical. For my life I have been a Ford/Chevy for work trucks and Tacoma's for commuters .  

seems like every truck I’ve owned other than the diesels all get about 12 mpg pulling a trailer

bobman
1 hour ago, max2 said:

bobman
1 hour ago, max2 said:

john mcg

I here ya loud and clear, @bobman.

bobman

Lol I guess that was worth repeating 

please delete the repeats

sorry

john mcg

The new Upland Safari Vehicle has received her cap and liner.

The tape says that I can build my drawer system and still have about 5" of clearance with the Intermediate kennel.

IMG-7803.jpg

IMG-7804.jpg

Jazz4Brazo

Nice rig!!

Marc Ret

Once your drawer system is in, the new rig will need but one more thing to make it complete.... NH plates. 

john mcg
11 minutes ago, Marc Ret said:

Once your drawer system is in, the new rig will need but one more thing to make it complete.... NH plates. 

Amen to that, Marc!

I hope to get my old plate back.

IMG-1710.jpg

john mcg

So--to clarify. The height measure before mentioned was to the cap's door rim and not the underside of the cap itself.

This means there is plenty of room for one of those water tank/tray gizmos that set on top of the Ruffland kennel.

I wasn't sure because the wheel well size as it protrudes into the bed are not the same from truck to truck and the platforms I build under which are the drawers rest above the wells.

Make sense?

Ya like mud.