REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
gunsrus

Pick up trucks two door vs four door

Brad Eden

My first bought new truck was a single cab 1985ish 4 cyl, turning hubs 4x4 Ford Ranger. Other than having to get out and push it up inclines...got by with one wife and one young child and one dog. Second bought new truck was a 1990ish, Toyota Access Cab 6 cyl, 4x4 small truck before they named them Tacoma. It was a wonderful goat of a truck...got by with one wife, two small children and two dogs who lived in the capped bed. Third bought new truck was a 2000 First Gen Tundra V8 4x4 Access Cab...got by with one wife, two growing kids and up to three dogs. Last bought new truck (actually a trade in lease with 20k miles) 2006 final year for First Gen Tundra, V8 Double Cab (4 door crew cab type) . By far the final truck I still drive, with the full back seat and doors is the best all around arrangement for everything. 

Lurch
7 hours ago, bruski said:

Ahh...for the days when this was all I needed.

And, yes, a floor mounted hi-low light switch and 4 on the floor.

1326624895_Morrisute.thumb.jpg.d357c06d7be93ac53859e44bc432469b.jpg

What's the point in such a huge truck when you could get by with something smaller and more economical?

IMG_0162.JPG

erik meade
22 hours ago, NECarson said:

Looks can be deceiving!

I agree. I suspect not many people look at me in my Miata and think “that looks like a guy headed out on a hunting trip.” 

Often when so park next to one of those fancy extended cab family mover pickups I wonder if it has ever been to half the kinds of places my Miatas have.  The lack of bramble scratches on the sides of them are a pretty good indication that they have not.

but looks are deceiving, and maybe the guy I am parked next to just had his truck repainted or something like that. 

kgb
2 hours ago, erik meade said:

I agree. I suspect not many people look at me in my Miata and think “that looks like a guy headed out on a hunting trip.” 

Running across your Miata where you parked it on a hunt, I wouldn't be surprised if someone decided you'd broken down and would send out a search party.  Or maybe tow it as abandoned "obviously the guy broke down and needs help".  😉

erik meade

I had a sheriff’s deputy practically interrogate me once when I came out of the woods with my gun and he was poking around my car.  He made me put my gun down and keep my hands where he could see them...

bruski
16 hours ago, Lurch said:

What's the point in such a huge truck when you could get by with something smaller and more economical?

Very true but had to get the monster truck as at 6' plus getting in and out of the other would have been classed as an entertainment for onlookers.

But in my old age I've gotten soft, so no current pick-ups for me.

No I've gone the easy route. ( and a little more comfortable for the dogs).

002.JPG