REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
greg jacobs

TT 15 problem

greg jacobs

Tone and correction works.

Can remove and add the collar

No location, battery level, comm, or gps level.

Tracking is on.

My other collars are working normally.

Any ideas.

smash20

I would try updating the collar.  Then I would be out of ideas.

Cooter Brown

Sounds like the collar is not transmitting.

Like smash20 said, update and if that doesn't fix it call Garmin.

OutlawTorn

Make sure you have the latest updates on both the transmitter and collars, then do a hard reset on the collar and re-pair it to the transmitter.  Before putting it on the dog, turn on the collar and leave it outside with a clear view of the sky sitting still for about 20 minutes.  Sometimes just leaving them outside for 20 minutes solves it on it's own.

I use my collars every day for containment on our rural acreage and roughly once every week or two, my collars do some strange things.  They won't report location at all or it will show the tracks the dog is making but about 1/2 mile from where I can see they are.  I recently sent both collars in for warranty exchange, the new ones do the same things occasionally - above troubleshooting always resolves it.

I haven't decided if I'm going to live with it or attempt warranty on the transmitter too.  My guess is these are just some quirks of the system and I see them more often than the average user since I use them 365 days a year.

greg jacobs

I've had them 500 yds off and shutting them off and back on fixed that. This happened in the middle of the hunt. I did the charging bracket to USB and hit the power button 4 times the light went red then green but that didnt fix it. I'll try doing an update and see if that works.

airmedic1

I have something similar with my T 5 collar.  I turn the Astro on and they pair, then a couple minutes later I get a message saying I have lost contact with that dog and do I want to discontinue monitoring that dog. I answer “no” but the collar won’t reconnect unless I turn the Astro off and then on again.  Sometimes it will work but sometimes I have to turn the collar off as well. Most of the time I can see the dog but the reason I have them is security. I don’t have a lot of confidence in that collar right now.

I have updated both, reinstalled the update on the collar, tried the 4 button push reset on the collar and put on a new antenna.  The only thing that I haven’t done is let it set outside for 20 minutes but it’s been outside on the dog for 3 hours so I’m not sure what that would do.  The collar is not that old, I hate to have to buy another under warranty like I had to with a T5 mini.

Any ideas?