REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
WI Outdoor Nut

Is color THAT important

max2

For the type savings and if you like it other then the color - to me it just makes sense to go for it.

If  the color really bothered you after you took possession of the vehicle you always have this option ~

I'm a gearhead. 

I won't buy a vehicle that doesn't look right. 

Trucks? Generally white. 

steveziv

There are some good looking reds out there these days so if it was one of those, sure I take the red truck and the $6K savings.

There are some pretty hideous greens and oranges and flesh tone vehicles out there too, and I simply wouldn't consider driving them.

So if it looks OK but just isn't your usual preference, go for it.  If its going to make you nauseous every time you look in your driveway then, no.

If someone gave you a life's supply of free clown shoes would you wear them?  I didn't think so.

dogrunner

No as long as it’s White. 

gunsrus
6 hours ago, steveziv said:

There are some good looking reds out there these days so if it was one of those, sure I take the red truck and the $6K savings.

There are some pretty hideous greens and oranges and flesh tone vehicles out there too, and I simply wouldn't consider driving them.

THIS ^

I like red , I've had many . Those hideous colors , I just would not drive .

Black , the newest Tahoe is metallic black and it's beautiful but damn hard to keep clean , been there before .

Just bought the first white Tahoe . Not as bad as I thought and I like the saddle interior not showing the white Setter hair . That saddle does suck with mud . The Black on Black Tahoe is horrible with white Setter Hair .

Thanks for the "99 Tahoe grey "grousemobile" . Always looks clean and Setter hair doesn't show as bad . I try and stay away from black clothes in that car . 

aje4

Color really doesn’t matter to me....

Fire Marshal Bill

I like Red trucks, but then  again, I spent the majority of my life around Red Fire Trucks!! Lol

WI Outdoor Nut

This is the red

Red F150.PNG

Kre

Are you a fireman?  

White, Brown, Grey...that's about the only colors for trucks.

Brad Eden
17 minutes ago, WI Outdoor Nut said:

This is the red

Red F150.PNG

Need attention much?...

WI Outdoor Nut
27 minutes ago, Brad Eden said:

Need attention much?...

I agree.  And if anything, my personality is just the opposite.  My preference is a silver truck, followed by any grey or earth brown.  Just need to decide if $6 is worth dealing with that "attention".

Going back about 5 years ago, I had a boat that was bright red and had a loud color pattern on it.  Folks on the lake could literally pick me out miles away.  I couldn't stand it to be honest.  Part because it was loud, part because it gave away where I was fishing, and often in either tournaments, or prefishing for tournies.  I keep going back and forth on this purchase. 

406dn
20 minutes ago, WI Outdoor Nut said:

I keep going back and forth on this purchase. 

If, that's the case, walk away.

In the grand scheme of things a few thousand dollars is not end all be all.  

bobman

30 bucks worth of rattle cans from Home Depot could do a great camo  job

Rockdoc

Oh my gawd, I found the perfect truck but it's, it's, it's....RED!!!!!

Life can be so hard, so very very hard... LOL!

Buy it, spend a grand having it repainted and pocket the savings. End of problem.

Steve

max2
1 hour ago, Brad Eden said:

Need attention much?...

Who pays attention ? Nobody gives a Sh**.   I don't think the color is that offensive to be honest........ and guess what nobody cares.

Now if your second guessing it . That's  the fly in the ointment for me.  Could be something else telling you don't buy ? But right now you just can't put your finger on it. It will float to the top give it a couple days before pulling the trigger( pun intended) 

JMHO ~ from my own past personal experiences .