REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
chilly460

New Bronco

terrym
33 minutes ago, RookieEP said:

Ford dependability lol that was a good one. Ask the poor Ford Focus & Fiesta owners about their transmissions.  Ford and Boeing deserve a reckoning. 

No, they’re not perfect but compare the reliability of Jeeps to other similar vehicles. Not good. I actually have owned a Jeep, a Bronco and now a Dodge Ram. The Jeep was a money pit. 

Curt
52 minutes ago, RookieEP said:

Ford dependability lol that was a good one. Ask the poor Ford Focus & Fiesta owners about their transmissions.  Ford and Boeing deserve a reckoning. 

I've actually had pretty darned good luck reliability wise with the Ford trucks and cars I've owned.  Maybe not the same level as Honda for example but pretty darned good overall.

dogrunner
27 minutes ago, Curt said:

I've actually had pretty darned good luck reliability wise with the Ford trucks and cars I've owned.  Maybe not the same level as Honda for example but pretty darned good overall.

Me too. 

RookieEP

No company or vehicle is perfect but what Ford did on those economy cars which people with lower income typically buy was really deceitful.  

blanked

All my fords have been junk.  3 new and one used

i am dumbfounded at the ford love here

Curt
20 hours ago, blanked said:

All my fords have been junk.  3 new and one used

i am dumbfounded at the ford love here

It's amazing how opinions and experiences vary from one manufacturer to the next I've had good luck, you've had the opposite. 

Tim Frazier
On 1/25/2020 at 12:58 PM, bobman said:

I’d rather have a manual in a vehicle I go out in the boonies in so it could be pushed or rolled to start in a pinch

When I was a poor private in the Army I spent a week or two parking my CJ-5 on a hill till I could get a new battery. It started easy and I just had to be careful about what stores or bars I parked at.

Tim Frazier

I have a 2003 F-150 that has been great and we had a 2003 Expedition that other than getting 14mpg was a great family vehicle. I do believe Ford is in some trouble.  Heard Tesla is worth more than Ford and Chevy combined.  Hard to believe though. 

bobman
2 hours ago, Tim Frazier said:

When I was a poor private in the Army I spent a week or two parking my CJ-5 on a hill till I could get a new battery. It started easy and I just had to be careful about what stores or bars I parked at.

I did the same with a 66 VW bug

bobman
2 hours ago, Tim Frazier said:

I have a 2003 F-150 that has been great and we had a 2003 Expedition that other than getting 14mpg was a great family vehicle. I do believe Ford is in some trouble.  Heard Tesla is worth more than Ford and Chevy combined.  Hard to believe though. 

ford had problems from the mid 90s to the early 2000’s with electronics especially transmissions stay away from them 

ditto with the early versions of the triton series engines

Don Steese

I used to be a real "motorhead",  but now as long as it gets me where I'm going 99.2% of the time, I'm fine! I see people paying 75k for a pickup truck and wonder how it can be worth 66k more than mine?? 

bigjohnsd

Ridgeline Forever!

RookieEP
6 hours ago, bobman said:

ford had problems from the mid 90s to the early 2000’s with electronics especially transmissions stay away from them 

ditto with the early versions of the triton series engines

Interesting my Brother’s F250 needed a new transmission,  2 power window motors replaced 

Don Steese
6 hours ago, bigjohnsd said:

Ridgeline Forever!

If I could have towed mine behind my motor home, it'd still be my ride. Of all the vehicles I've owned the Ridgeline was my favorite!

bigjohnsd
16 hours ago, Don Steese said:

If I could have towed mine behind my motor home, it'd still be my ride. Of all the vehicles I've owned the Ridgeline was my favorite!

That is a problem