REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
chilly460

New Bronco

Curt
On 2/9/2020 at 3:00 PM, bobman said:

I did the same with a 66 VW bug

Ditto, and I did the same with my '60' bugeye sprite, always parked on a slope if possible because you never knew if the electronics would work.

chilly460

Saw some spy photos online that indicate that it will at least be built in the spirit of the original and not a watered down minivan.  I had a Jeep Gladiator as a rental this week and would be all aboard a modern “fun” vehicle like this for an everyday driver and grouse rig

592FCF88-4946-4512-9925-6DF3FABDA6ED.jpeg

Dakota Dogman

Saw that photo too...

Only wish it weren't a Ford,

But then it looks like I about to buy a car...

😛😭

God bless,

dogrunner

Last I heard it won't be out till late this fall. I also heard it will be at the Detroit Auto show in June, not sure if it is true or not but that's what a little birdy told me this week. 

chilly460

12D1BF68-4C79-4499-9118-2251D4024B44.jpeg

4380E639-8CE4-4C64-90D3-97486C7EC544.png

chilly460

As always they downsized the tires from what would really look good but that’s expected, overall it looks pretty good.  Two door would look better but has to be practical enough to sell, and it’s a decent looking four door.  Least it’s not a jellybean shaped crossover, would make for a nice grouse rig

WI Outdoor Nut

Not that I would be in the market for one (my pulling needs are higher than a mid-sized SUV, but this is one sharp looking rig.  Really like the grill.  Maybe it will give the jeep folks a run for their money.  Does it come with a secrete handshake or wave tho?

RookieEP

Ford stock is dirt cheap at the moment 

PaFlyfisher
1 hour ago, RookieEP said:

Ford stock is dirt cheap at the moment 

wait till tomorrow! Nearly ALL stocks may be dirt cheap. 

RuffChaser

Years ago I had a bronco. Looking at the images it looks like a modern day FJ Cruiser. Now where's that video where that guy got into grouse hunting and went out an bought an FJ??

troutchops
On 3/10/2020 at 10:18 PM, chilly460 said:

12D1BF68-4C79-4499-9118-2251D4024B44.jpeg

4380E639-8CE4-4C64-90D3-97486C7EC544.png

I'm all in, love it!

Jacksdad

Looks like a neat design.  i'll definitely give them a look when they show up at dealers.  

Still don't think i could bring myself to own a ford though.  

Mike da Carpenter
42 minutes ago, Jacksdad said:

Still don't think i could bring myself to own a ford though.  

I say the exact same thing.  Bought a new F-150 in 1995 so I could have reliable transportation and not have to wrench on a truck anymore.  The truck should have come with a Chilton’s manual.  From the moment I got rid of that truck I said I will never buy a new Ford again.  

Guys tell me their vehicles have changed, but my attitude towards Ford has not.

terrym

The problem with this type of vehicle is they will cost as much or more than a full sized pickup. And likely won’t give mileage any better than modern trucks. So, the utility is minimal compared to the image portion. 

WI Outdoor Nut
39 minutes ago, Mike da Carpenter said:

I say the exact same thing.  Bought a new F-150 in 1995 so I could have reliable transportation and not have to wrench on a truck anymore.  The truck should have come with a Chilton’s manual.  From the moment I got rid of that truck I said I will never buy a new Ford again.  

Guys tell me their vehicles have changed, but my attitude towards Ford has not.

While I don't feel that way about Ford, I can relate.  I had a bad experience with Nissan Murano and to replace the alternator I needed to either take the fender off or unbolt two of the motor mounts and "lift" the motor out.  What a terrible design and from there on out, said never Nissan again.  Even though many folks like their vehicles, I could never buy one again.