New Bronco

jeff88
On 3/10/2020 at 9:18 PM, chilly460 said:

12D1BF68-4C79-4499-9118-2251D4024B44.jpeg

4380E639-8CE4-4C64-90D3-97486C7EC544.png

Me want.  ^

Dakota Dogman
1 hour ago, terrym said:

The problem with this type of vehicle is they will cost as much or more than a full sized pickup. And likely won’t give mileage any better than modern trucks. So, the utility is minimal compared to the image portion. 

Saw a rumor that Ford was dropping all their cheap car lines and bringing out a replacement SMALL pickup, under $20k to replace the original Ranger.

God Bless,

chilly460
4 hours ago, terrym said:

The problem with this type of vehicle is they will cost as much or more than a full sized pickup. And likely won’t give mileage any better than modern trucks. So, the utility is minimal compared to the image portion. 

There’s a reason trucks sell so well, but that has nothing to do with the appeal of this vehicle.  They would’ve built a jellybean unibody SUV if they wanted it to be practical 

Marc Ret

Other than the addition of the rear doors, I like that Ford really seemed to hold true to the lines of the original Bronco. A little more aerodynamic but still retains that boxy look. Understandable why the little turbo-4 is the suspected choice of engine but the 5.0L would have been soooo much cooler. 

BlacknTan

It looks good...

But, it would have to be damned good to make me leave Toyota!

kgb

Headlight in the first photo looks like a horseshoe.  Cute.

Greg Hartman
16 hours ago, Marc Ret said:

Other than the addition of the rear doors, I like that Ford really seemed to hold true to the lines of the original Bronco. A little more aerodynamic but still retains that boxy look. Understandable why the little turbo-4 is the suspected choice of engine but the 5.0L would have been soooo much cooler. 

Cooler maybe, but the little turbo 4 of the Ranger really pulls - harder than the V8 in my old Tumdra - right from low rpm - no need to spool it up.  And you get better than 20 mpg.  Not sexy perhaps, but damn good and very practical.

Just try to remember not to shoot your new Bronco....

chilly460

Believe the rumor for uplevel engine is the 2.7L Ecoboost.  I have this engine in my F150 and it easily pulls my 6300lb car/trailer in the mountains of PA, and did a trip to the Georgia hills.  Assuming the Bronco will weigh around the same at 5000lbs or so, this will be a great torquey combo.  

Virgil Kane

I know it's more practical but why a 4 door?

I like the looks of the older 2 door models much better and could have had a much shorter wheelbase to handle off roading much better.

Just my thoughts.

Virgil

Dakota Dogman

I like the 2 door look better also, closer to the original Scout! 

But with kids I get it.  Have often found myself looking at old Land Cruisers simply because of that extra set of doors.

I doubt most of these will make it far off road until guys like you and I can afford them...

God Bless,

Marc Ret
1 hour ago, Greg Hartman said:

Cooler maybe, but the little turbo 4 of the Ranger really pulls - harder than the V8 in my old Tumdra - right from low rpm - no need to spool it up.  And you get better than 20 mpg.  Not sexy perhaps, but damn good and very practical.

Practicality be damned.... I want a V8 in my Bronco.😎

grouse28
On 1/25/2020 at 12:58 PM, bobman said:

I’d rather have a manual in a vehicle I go out in the boonies in so it could be pushed or rolled to start in a pinch

Not sure that would be a consideration for me. First off you would have needed to park in a spot where you could roll or push the vehicle. 50/50 chance of that. Simply carry one of those small charging units in your truck and can work anywhere.

Years ago I would have preferred a manual transmission in tight spots. Now I would prefer an automatic, they and the drive trains have come a long way.

Greg Hartman
6 hours ago, grouse28 said:

Not sure that would be a consideration for me. First off you would have needed to park in a spot where you could roll or push the vehicle. 50/50 chance of that. Simply carry one of those small charging units in your truck and can work anywhere.

Years ago I would have preferred a manual transmission in tight spots. Now I would prefer an automatic, they and the drive trains have come a long way.

The new 10-speed Ford tranny is like magic - MUCH better than you can do shifting by hand.  I love the 6-speed manual in my two-seater (allows me to steer with the go-pedal among other things), but would not want that in my truck.

Cooter Brown
On 3/13/2020 at 8:39 AM, Greg Hartman said:

Greg, does that engine with turbo require premium fuel?

Greg Hartman
13 minutes ago, Cooter Brown said:

Greg, does that engine with turbo require premium fuel?

Nope. Runs on the regular sauce.  It and the 10-speed tranny are amazing technology that I wouldn't believe if I didn't use it every day.